Bachly Construction has emerged as a leader in the field of commercial construction. Our commitment is to provide prompt, courteous and efficient services while striving to exceed the expectations of our clients and industry associates.
Our proven track record and superior results set us apart from our competitors. We are looking for job seekers who share our passion for professionalism and customer service. The individual must be self-motivated with high energy and the ability to interact with numerous individuals, in multiple functions, in a dynamic and changing environment.
The Project Coordinator, under the direction of the Project Manager, is responsible for the distribution and coordination of all project documentation issued throughout the life of a project, arranging for the site office and temporary facilities required for the project prior to commencement and assisting in the tender process by performing quantity take-offs as directed by the Project Manager.
The Project Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including:
- Estimating projects to ensure profitability and competitiveness while maintain requested timelines
- Review bid submissions with Project Manager to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Coordinate delivery and set up of temporary facilities as needed
- Initiate and procure sub-contractor and supplier submissions
- Review submissions for accuracy and answer as many highlighted questions as possible before issuing to the consultant team
- Outline any potential conflict or interference between trade disciplines
- Procure reviewed shop drawings and samples back from the consultant team and distribute to the appropriate sub-contractors and site staff.
- Review and establish close-out submission requirements for each subcontractor and distribute to the Project Administrator
- Review, become familiar with the details and distribute all project revisions to the applicable sub-contractors
- Distribute hard copies of all revisions immediately to site
- File and log all revisions in accordance with company tracking procedures
- Procure pricing from sub-contractors and suppliers related to each revision in a timely manner and include in final values prior to Project Manager review
- Draft change order requests and issue via email to the project administrator for issuance.
- Coordinate between the consultant team and the sub-contractors during the cost review period until a change order is issue
- Record attendance and detailed notes of all pertinent discussions held during client and sub-contractor meetings
- University or College degree in a related field
- Proficient in the use of computers including Excel and Bluebeam
- Proficient in performing quantity take-offs
- Comfortable reading blueprints
- Familiar with building code requirements. Specifically, the OBC
- Excellent written and verbal skills – able to communicate in a timely and concise manner
- Strong construction knowledge and experience with estimating, project coordination and management
- Impeccable organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively
- Proactive with the ability to solve problems before they happen
- A confident decision maker who keeps the best interest of the organization top of mind
We offer our employees a positive work environment, competitive wages, health and dental benefits, training opportunities and annual reviews.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in working for Bachly Construction. Only candidates who have been scheduled for an interview will be contacted.
Respectfully, at this time, we are not accepting unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies.
Bachly Construction is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachly Construction welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- project coordinator: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person