Field Technician (On Call)
One Year Contract to Start
Here is a great opportunity earn an extra income!
If you are an experienced Field Technician or a tech savvy individual and motivated to pursue a career in Field Technical Support, consider this.
The On-Call Field Technician will work with Buchanan Technologies to support our client in offering devices, installation, and on-going support of smart home systems. Our Field Technicians will help clients understand energy efficiency to reduce their energy costs and modernize their properties.
Installation Training and Support will be provided!
· On-Call Technician to visit clients at their residences for installation, troubleshooting, or service of their smart home systems (Google Home, Smart Switches, Smart Thermostats, etc).
· Provide excellent and customer experience - Display a positive and respectful attitude when instructing residents on their new smart home system. - Work with honesty and integrity.
· Follow set policies and procedures when dealing with problems or issues.
· Be able to manage your own schedule and work on call and enjoy a flexible schedule.
· Represent Buchanan and our client organization in a responsible manner.
· Perform your jobs to a reasonable, acceptable standard.
· Most critical is knowledge and understanding of hardware and software support and understanding of smart home technologies is expected.
· Installing, calibrating, repairing and maintaining electronic equipment is a plus.
· Must have customer-facing experience.
· Experience installing, calibrating, repairing, and maintaining electronic equipment is a plus.
· Experience in a technical service environment is a plus.
· College qualified with a relevant technical qualification and at least 3-5 years relevant work experience ideal.
· Excellent verbal communication skills in English are required.
· Valid Standard Driver’s License, your own vehicle, and a clean driving record is required.
· Ability and willingness to travel throughout the territory, work overtime, weekends and respond to service calls outside of regular hours as required.
· Must work well independently, as well as follow directions.
· Able to handle more than one responsibility at a time.
Criminal Background Check
· Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
Training and Support
Hired Technicians will receive training and will be paid a fraction (1.5 hrs.) for attendance
General Work Schedules
· Most installations take an average of 1.5 hours; Has the flexibility to work during the day from 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. ,evenings and weekends are most in demand; More information about shifts will be explained during the interview process
· Assignments/Shifts are typically notified/assigned in advance of client bookings
Travel Information and Vehicle Mileage
· Hotel stays are options if requested for out of town assignments.
· Mileage beyond 30 kms to and from a location will be paid at $0.50 per KM, provided time is logged and submitted to an expense application system
Service Calls During the COVID Pandemic
· Clients and Technicians will be provided with a COVID health Checklist prior to appointments
· Technicians should provide their own Personal Protection Equipment (tools)
Buchanan Technologies is an IT Consulting company headquartered in Grapevine, TX and has offices in Wichita, KS, Charlotte, NC, Mississauga, ON, Charlottetown, PEI and Sofia, Bulgaria.
Our IT Consulting practice range from Managed Services, Field Services, Support Center Services, Project-based consulting, and Professional Services. Our key clients include Fortune 500 companies, Federal, Provincial, Regional Municipalities and Services.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $24.00-$25.00 per hour