Special Needs Counselor
Do you have experience working with low-functioning children with special needs? Are you responsible? Are you great at teamwork? Are you enthusiastic? Do you love working with children? Centre du Sablon Summer Camp has the job for you. We are looking to hire staff for a summer day camp at a community centre in Laval. Potential candidates must be fluent in French and English, have experience working with children, be at least 16 years of age as of June 1st, be available to work the entire summer.
- Providing a safe and fun space for the campers in their group
- Organizing activities and games that are appropriate to the group and to the theme of the week.
- Following the directives of all the Chiefs.
- Remaining in constant communication with the parents of the children in their group.
- Logging down and incidents that may occur during the day.
- Working harmoniously with any therapists or social workers that are evaluating the children.
- Updating the chiefs of any changes in behaviour.
- Ensuring that the children are eating and going to the bathroom regularly.
- Intervening in crisis situations. Restraining a child as a last resort if they feel as though the child is endangering themselves and/or others.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- counselling: 2 years (Preferred)
- French (Required)
- English (Required)