Working at 10,000 feet?
Do you want to take the next step in your career?
Then Keewatin Air is for you!
To work for Keewatin Air is to experience attractive work assignments, look forward to positive career prospects, enjoy the secure backing of a growing employer and explore the sheer diversity of the world of healthcare and aviation. Experience endless opportunities - all while working for just a single employer.
To stand still is to fall behind, so stay on the move with Keewatin!
Keewatin Air is seeking Flight Nurses
The Flight Nurse would provide lifesaving emergent care in a variety of locations throughout the North. A successful candidate would be willing to provide expert care as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an Aircraft and clinic setting. Candidates should have a willingness to operate independently in remote or austere environments with limited external support services and have the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances. To work for Keewatin is to immerse yourself in a world of diversity.
- Graduation from an accredited/recognized diploma or degree program in health care or an equivalent combination of advanced training and experience that provides the necessary theoretical and clinical skills to perform at the level of Registered Nurse
- 2 years’ experience as either an Emergency care or Critical Care Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP), preferred
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), preferred
- Trauma Nursing Core Course, Preferred
About the Company:
With bases in Manitoba and Nunavut we provide the very best air medical and ground support flight services in Northern Canada. We are one of the most comprehensive aeromedical organizations in Canada, providing extensive 24-hour emergency air ambulance service. Our all-inclusive Air Medical Program is delivered by a dedicated team of professional Flight Nurses and Respiratory Therapists. Our team is dedicated and passionate about bringing first class health and emergency services to Canada’s beautiful and challenging Arctic region. Keewatin Air LP transports over 3,500 patients and flies over 3.3 million medevac miles annually. Whether it is transporting patients from a remote northern setting or from hospital to hospital, our trained teams of professionals ensure that every aspect of each transport receives the attention to detail required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $92,000.00-$114,450.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- ER/ICU, Critical Care: 2 years (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-04-17