Parrot Partners Canada (in Carleton Place, ON) is recruiting two (2) part-time Aviary Assistants/cleaners/maintenance workers. Must be available on weekdays and weekends. 6-8hr shifts, 3-4 days/week.
The primary responsibility of the Aviary Assistant/cleaner-maintenance positions is to ensure our high level of parrot care & enrichment, as well as ensuring our building remains in a clean and orderly condition. Aviary Assistants must produce and maintain the highest levels of biosecurity and hygiene in all areas of the building.
- Parrot feeding, care, enrichment, etc.
- Clean, order, stock, and supply designated aviary areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pressure washing, restroom cleaning etc.)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities as they relate to building maintenance, as well as parrot well-being and safety
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks including disinfecting and sterilizing parrot cages, bowls, perches, toys, as well as floors and surrounding areas
- Scrupulously maintain hygiene & bio-security standards
- Participate in special projects related to the above
- Notify management of deficiencies or need for repairs
- Adjust and conduct minor repairs required to ensure the health & happiness of resident and visiting parrots
- Stock and maintain supply rooms, kitchen, and enrichment materials
- Cooperate with staff and volunteers
- Follow all health and safety regulations as well as internal standards and operating procedures
- Proven attention to detail
- Strong personal work ethic and meticulous cleaning standards
- Ability to handle & maintain commercial grade cleaning equipment
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Willingness to learn and operate as a team player
- Integrity and compassion for animals
- Previous parrot experience preferred but not mandatory
- Previous experience as a cleaner preferred but not mandatory
- High school diploma preferred
If interested, please reply with your resume, e-mail, and phone number.
We thank and appreciate everyone who expresses interest in these positions. However, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- parrot: 1 year (Preferred)
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- cleaner: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carleton Place, ON (Preferred)