Summary: **To ensure that Trophy Quality and Food Safety programs (BRC Global Food Safety Standard) are maintained through monitoring, verification, and auditing procedures when necessary.
Monitoring and verification procedures include the following: the procurement of product samples, tests and inspects products at various stages of manufacturing, and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality, food safety, and reliability of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites: **
- To procure and analyze incoming raw materials and ingredients to ensure that they meet vendor specifications, Trophy specifications, and Industry standard specifications where applicable.
- Hold/release all raw materials into production with proper identification
- Ensure proper code dating, identification, gas flushing, proper sealing, and weight allowance in products packaged.
- To monitor processing and packaging areas to ensure that products produced meet customer and Trophy standards
- To maintain proper and accurate records of all test results.
- To alert the Processing and Packaging Supervisor(s) of deviations to product/package quality during processing and packaging for corrective action.
- To enforce GMPs when necessary in the plant.
- To monitor packaging material to ensure compliance to packaging specification.
- To audit products in the warehouse and cooler for product rotation when required.
- To retain samples on file of finished processed products.
- To perform GMP/Food safety inspections on a daily basis when on plant floor.
- To report any infractions to GMP and Food Safety Standards when observed for corrective action.
- To perform sanitation inspections on processing and packaging lines when required.
- To keep a safe and clean work area at all times.
- To complete all written reports and documents accurately as required, and file appropriately
- To perform internal audits of FSQMS according to schedule
- To retrain staff on policies and procedures as necessary
- To conduct orientation training of new employees
- To investigate customer and/or consumer complaints using retained samples as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager
Experience, Qualifications, and Education Requirements
- University Degree, College, or Technical School Certificate in the science field with 1 year of related experience and/or training.
- University, College or Technical School Certificate/Degree for GMP & HACCP Training would be an asset.
- Basic skill required for MS Office products.
- Must have a sound background in sciences. Knowledge in the Food Science field would be ideal.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Food Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- HACCP: 3 years (Required)
- BRC: 3 years (Required)
- Quality Assurance: 3 years (Required)
- Calgary, AB (Required)
- English (Required)