Aztec Site Supervisors oversee the job site from initial planning to completion, ensuring Aztec’s quality standards and job goals are achieved. Project work can include HAZMAT, renovations, demolition, restoration, soil remediation and emergency response. Travel is sometimes required and the Site Supervisor may need to work out of a temporary office on the job site. They help plan, oversee and execute the work of all staff, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure work is safe, correct, timely and on budget. Site Supervisors ensure that resources are used properly and ensure projects are productive and safe. They care about quality, take pride in their work and inspire this in their crew members daily.
- Participate in initial job site overview and walk-thru with Project Manager. Review and understand scope, schedule and budget. Attend pre-job logistics planning meeting where appropriate.
- Make sure all necessary permits, blueprints, approvals, specifications etc. are printed and are on site.
- Help organize and order the necessary material and equipment lists. Mobilize all supplies and equipment to site.
- Ensure Supervisor Paperwork Box is stocked and prepared for job site.
- Ensure Tech Kits and/or Tool Bags are stocked and ready for job site. Understand and follow job plan, budget and schedule. Monitor progress and report changes to Project Manager daily.
- Start each day by reviewing the plan, organizing supplies and tools for the day. Review with crew before starting work.
- Monitor crew members production and performance, provide feedback and recognize work that meets and exceeds Aztec’s quality standards.
- Advocate ‘live safety’ at worksites by understanding and promoting Aztec’s health and safety management system.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-5 years of construction related supervisory experience.
- 1-3 years of HAZMAT, construction, restoration or renovation experience.
- Industry and safety certifications are required, please include these in your resume.
- Industry-specific education certificate or degree would be an asset, i.e. BSc construction, engineering, construction safety officer or construction project management.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple activities at one time. Results-oriented and strong time management skills in order to keep projects moving along.
- Able to mediate conflict in order to get the job done. Able to lead and motivate others.
- Self-directed, proactive and takes initiative to ensure policies and procedures are in place to prevent accidents, extra work and waste.
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office.
- Available to work days and evenings. Some weekends required.
- Travel will be required, transportation and travel costs covered.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs is required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Wage will be determined based on the candidates experience and certifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- Abatement: 1 year (Required)