JOB TITLE: Driver Services Representative
DEPARTMENT: Driver Services & Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director Health & Safety/Driver Services and Human Resources Director
LOCATION: Sudbury, ON
CLOSING DATE: November 22, 2019
This role will have simultaneous responsibilities for driver compliance; as well as, recruiting and retention. Reporting to the Director of Workplace Safety & Health for safety and compliance and to the HR Director for driver recruitment, training, orientation and retention. This position is responsible for the recruitment and on-boarding of new drivers and compliance management of existing drivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively source and recruit new driving candidates by participating in networking activities, sourcing marketing opportunities and exploring prospects
- Conduct interviews and complete reference checks on candidates
- Ensure driver applications are complete and required documents are filed
- Conduct road tests, re-evaluation tests and “in cab teaching” as required
- Facilitate orientation and training sessions including but not limited to hours of service, TDG, pre/post trip inspection, load securement, CFA certification, forklift, WHMIS
- Conduct training for customer needs as necessary to equip drivers with certification for deliveries and pick ups
- Foster relationships with drivers by consistent communication
- Coach, mentor and assist drivers in group sessions or one on one
- Participate in corporate safety programs ensuring a safe work environment
- Prepare reports and documentation related to safety and driver services
- Assist WS&H and HR with incident/accident investigations
- Other duties as assigned and required in support of safety, driver services and recruitment and retention
Three years’ experience in recruitment within the distribution, logistics, or transportation field. Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to facilitate training and orientation session; as well, has the ability to lead discussions with candidates or potential candidates in order to foster strong and lasting relationships. Excellent and effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Strong organizational, analytical and conflict resolution skills that anticipate and deal effectively with outcomes or challenges. Able to work independently and with a minimum of supervision. Experience using Microsoft Office software and applicant tracking software would be an asset.
Ideally you have operational experience in LTL/TL transportation or logistics with ability to travel within the terminal service area as well as to other terminals. A Class 1 or AZ license with a clean driver’s abstract is required.
You are responsible for meeting the business needs, which could mean irregular hours and schedule from time to time.
For additional info please call : 204-470-7091
Job Type: Full-time
- AZ Driver's License (Required)