Urbacity is Ottawa’s premiere design build firm, with a focus on major renovations, additions, and new homes.
We offer a flexible and innovative work environment which fosters professional growth. You will work on real projects and solve hard problems We provide the tools you need to succeed and trust you to take ownership and make great decisions.
The successful candidate will have with excellent technical skills and be a proficient carpenter. They must have up-to-date knowledge of building techniques and other construction practices.
- Competitive salary
- 4-day work week
- Flexible, top tier health benefits package
- Employer paid professional development
- Equipment you need to thrive in your role
See what our employees say about working at Urbacity-
- Assist the Foreperson with various tasks
- Build foundations, install floor systems, lay sub-flooring, and install walls and roofing systems
- Fit and install trim, doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
- Measure, cut and join materials made of wood or wood substitutes
- Promote teamwork and support a respectful and inclusive work environment
- Various other tasks as directed by Foreperson
- Ability to read blueprints
- Effective communication
- Tile setting skills considered an asset
- Exterior siding skills considered an asset
- Team compatibility
- Hand tools
- Willingness to work in a variety of conditions, both indoor and outdoor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
Work Location: In person