First Aid and CPR Instructor – St. John Ambulance Ottawa
We’re looking to hire a passionate, detail-oriented individuals to instruct first aid and CPR courses for our not-for-profit organization. If you are a people-person who has the skills to facilitate and challenge yourself, and you want the freedom of working as a contractor, this may be the job for you!
A successful candidate is:
- A responsible and dependable individual who will facilitate in accordance with our ethical standards and within Provincial and Federal regulations,
- An out-going person who is passionate about public facilitation and teaching.
- Someone who would enjoy promoting first aid and CPR training and product sales in their community, and
- Disciplined when it comes to time management, evaluating priorities, following direction and working autonomously.
- Primary responsibility is to teach first aid and CPR courses from our offices in Ottawa, as well as on-site for private clients, and
- Promote the sale of first aid kits and AEDs.
Qualifications for success:
- Experience in health and safety, workplace first aid and CPR or in facilitation of any subject,
- Related experience with adult facilitation is an asset,
- An intrinsic motivation to work with a not-for-profit organization,
- Self-motivation, confidence and an ability to work autonomously,
- A dynamic personality with an ability to engage others,
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite,
- Ability to work business hours during the week.
- Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English (required) and French (preferred),
- A valid driver’s license and ability for travel within the Ottawa,
- A High School Diploma with related experience, and
- A St. John Ambulance Standard First Aid CPR C + AED certificate.
St. John Ambulance offers:
- Training and on-going development,
- The flexibility of contract work with pay rated between $19-$25/hr
- Free parking, and
- Exceptional work/life balance.
Training and Development Required (Your Commitment):
- You must have a St. John Ambulance Standard First Aid CPR C + AED certificate BEFORE applying
- Instructor Information Session (TBC)
- Instructor Development Program (January 2020, 40 hours at a cost of $495.00)
- On-going development and training required to maintain your certificate
- Police Record Check
Remuneration and benefits:
Contract Work: $19.00 - $25.00 / hour
Invoice allowances for contractors are standardized for all instructors, however, vary based on the course type and location.
SJA offers a Liability Insurance as well as all the equipment required for the facilitation of a course. Free parking at our training facility is available and parking costs for off-site courses will be recovered. We offer a flexible working environment and the ability to be part of a team that has created an industry-standard in First Aid & CPR
St. John Ambulance:
St. John Ambulance (SJA) is a registered charity operating in Canada since 1883. The proceeds from our training and product revenue support our vital community services in Ottawa, across Canada and on a global scale. Headquartered in Ottawa, St. John Canada has a National Office and 12 Provincial/Territorial Councils across the country, including the Training Center in Ottawa.
Over 300 contract instructors provide the Ottawa area with the best and most comprehensive first aid & CPR courses on the market. Our evolving programs and products ensure our community receives the best quality training and expertise available. SJA Ottawa is a front runner in customer satisfaction and positive client feedback. We are the preferred choice for first aid and CPR training for nearly 14,000 people in Ottawa each year. Our innovative curricula ensure the services offered by SJA not only enhances the lives of people within Canada but saves lives too!
In Ottawa, over 200 volunteers play an integral role in our community offering on-demand community service programs such as Medical First Response, Therapy Dog Services, and Disaster Response & Recovery work.
Every day our team at the SJA Ottawa Training Center come to work excited to enable people in Canada to enhance their health, safety, and quality of life. To make a difference in your community, consider St. John Ambulance Ottawa!
Please submit your resume and cover letter with application. Only those chosen for further screening will be contacted regarding the Instructor Development Program.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $19.00 to $25.00 /hour