Vancouver, BC, CA
Req ID: 35613
Jobs by Category: Health
Job Function: Clinical / Medical
Status: Part Time
Status: Temp part-time – 0.8 – 4 day shifts per week Tuesday thru Friday
Location: 800 Nelson St., Vancouver / In-clinic role
Who is TELUS Health?
TELUS Health is empowering every person to live their healthiest life. Guided by our vision, we are leveraging the power of our leading edge technology and focusing on the uniqueness of each individual to create the future of health.
Simply put, our team members across the country are united by their commitment to continuously innovating to make healthcare more accessible and deliver improved health experiences for everyone.
Do you share our passion?
Let’s create a healthier future, together
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
TELUS Health - Care Centers is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our dynamic Vancouver team. Registered Nurses are responsible for providing direct nursing care to clients across the lifespan in our Family Health program. You will also collaborate with family physicians and the interdisciplinary care team to assess, manage and support clients with chronic disease and/or complex health conditions.
Within our Executive, Occupation and Travel Health programs, you will be meeting with clients one-on-one to provide a variety of counseling, vaccinations, and general health advice to travelers going abroad. Regarding immunizations, you will be responsible to review each client’s medical history and discuss the BC’s Centre for Disease Control & Prevention requirements and/or recommendations for safe travel.
Our team and what we’ll accomplish together
The successful candidate will work throughout all our programs, providing direct nursing support and services to clients and the interdisciplinary team as well as help coordinate and manage their care. At THCC, RN’s provide safe, competent and compassionate care and work very closely with the interdisciplinary team to ensure the highest quality of care.
What you'll do:
As part of the team you’ll be responsible for the provision of high quality primary health nursing care to the population of clients seen in a family practice. Areas of focus include: assessing care needs on intake, triage, disease prevention and health promotion, vaccination and travel medicine, chronic and complex disease care management. Working to full scope of practice as a Registered Nurse, responsibilities include:
- Complete comprehensive health histories for new TELUS clients
- Triage acute concerns, provide health teaching and navigation to appropriate services
- Triage incoming medical results and inform clients of normal and abnormal results via telephone and email
- Medication reconciliation and chart reviews
- Assist physicians with minor procedures
- Basic wound care
- Chronic and complex disease management, using a health coaching/case management approach when assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care needs
- Travel vaccine administration and maintain vaccine inventory
- Assist with the organization and administration of annual influenza vaccination campaigns
- Maintain in depth knowledge of current guidelines, practice standards and medical directives
- Provide quality, safe, compassionate care to all clients
- Display exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Display a positive and results focused attitude
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate proactive/ preventative approaches to care
What you bring:
- BScN- Required
- Current RN certification and license in good standing
- First Aid/ CPR certification up to date
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience (private or public sector)
- BC CDC immunization course completed and up to date is an asset
- Travel health knowledge
- Previous experience in primary care or acute care is an asset
- Computer skills are an asset (EMR, Power Point, Excel, Word)
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary