McMan has an immediate requirement for a Roommate Companion for a youth.
Details of the Position:
- Be a Roommate Companion in your home for a youth aged 15-22.
- Use strengths-based and trauma-informed approaches to welcome this youth into your home in a shared accommodation setting.
- Assist youth with occasional support, monitoring and life-skills training when required to aid them in their transition to adulthood.,
- Communicate with the McMan Youth Transition to Adulthood Program Mentor to work collaboratively towards helping the youth achieve their goals.
- Act as a positive role model and provide informal support and guidance while maintaining your regular lifestyle.
Here is what we have to offer:
- A rewarding opportunity to help a local youth.
- Ongoing consultation and support.
- Rent and stipend totaling between $800 and $1,100 per month depending on the level of independence of the youth. The youth has separate funds for groceries.
Here is what you need to get an interview:
- Your own place of residence, with an available bedroom.
- Clear Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector (also known as Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector) and clear Child Intervention Record Check dated within the past six (6) months.
- Experience working with youth is an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid CPR Level C Certificate or CSA Standard Z1210-17 Intermediate First Aid Certificate
- Clear Child Intervention Record Check, dated within the past six months
- Clear Police Information Check with vulnerable sector, dated within past six months.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Driver’s Abstract, and use of reliable vehicle with $2M Third Party Liability insurance.
If you're looking to make a difference, make it with McMan!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $800.00-$1,100.00 per month
- Employee assistance program
- Can you confirm that you have a valid Class 5 Driver's Licence with 3 years of driving experience, and your 3-year Driver's Abstract will have less than six (6) demerits?
- youth care: 1 year (preferred)
- Standard First Aid; CPR Level C Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person