We are looking for a dedicated, people-focused professional with a positive attitude and flexibility to work varying shifts.
The Salvation Army Lakeview Manor is a 50- bed, Level 3 Nursing Home, owned, operated, and accredited by The Salvation Army and licensed by the provincial government. Lakeview Manor follows a resident-focused philosophy using a team approach to enhance the quality of life for each resident. Lakeview Manor is committed to providing care in the Christian spirit of compassion without regard to race, color creed, gender, or economic status.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Care and/or Registered Nurse, the successful candidate will be exposed to a dynamic, resident-centered approach to care in a small Nursing Home. The Nursing Unit Clerk provides administrative and secretarial support, including scheduling and maintaining supplies to the Nursing Department and receives and directs phone calls and general inquiries regarding resident care, appointments, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Director of Care or designate with scheduling for the care department.
- Completing shift replacements in accordance with the Collective Agreement utilizing a computer-based scheduling program;
- Monitoring/restocking inventory and responsible for the online ordering of Departmental supplies;
- Prioritizing tasks and working effectively with residents, their families, staff, and service personnel;
- Daily support for care department along with working independently with confidential, time-sensitive materials. Often the person in this position multi-tasks, working with numerous assignments simultaneously, with both written and verbal instructions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You have your High school diploma or equivalent, complemented with a post-secondary diploma in Administration (office, medical, or equivalent).
- You are experienced using Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- You are known for your practical, yet compassionate style; demonstrated patience and understanding; highly organized approach, with the ability to multi-task.
- You are flexible and able to work between the hours of 8am to 8pm weekdays and weekends.
- The position involves primarily seated work, plus some light physical duties such as receiving deliveries and restocking.
- Wages and benefits are consistent with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
- Opportunity to grow professionally through continued training
At Lakeview Manor, we firmly believe in developing our staff and offer training and professional development opportunities.
If you are interested in this position, we’d love to hear from you. Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to Loretta Elderkin.
Salary/ Hours: $18.77; 67.5 hours bi-weekly.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.77 /hour
- Unit Clerk: 1 year (Preferred)