SPECIAL NOTE\* The teams at NewAge Products Inc. are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our employees and those that we interact with. Until further notice, all interviews will be held virtually, with arrangements made to accommodate your schedule and technology preference.
Headquartered in North York, ON, with employees in Canada, the US, China and India, NewAge is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of premium home improvement solutions.
Our products are sold through major online retailers such as Lowes, The Home Depot, Costco, Amazon, and Wayfair as well as our own e-commerce site. But what makes us unique is that we provide a truly cohesive customer experience, from free expert assistance designing and planning new spaces to delivery and professional installation.
Our collaborative, inclusive team atmosphere nurtures personal growth, career advancement and job satisfaction, as evidenced by our certification as a Great Place to Work in Canada and our 4.4 out of 5 rating on Glassdoor.
With tremendous pride, we continue to receive a growing number of industry accolades including over 75 unique product patents, awards for our team of expert designers, prominent ranking on the Profit 500 list of Canada’s fastest growing companies, and the naming of our founders to the Top 40 under 40 in Canada by BNN Bloomberg.
As our journey to becoming the preferred choice for premium home improvement solutions continues, we’re adding ambitious, driven, passionate members to our team who are inspired to be their best and ready to make a difference.
NewAge Products is looking for a detail-oriented, highly-driven sales representative who is ready to deliver world class shopping experiences to NewAge customers as part of our Experience Centre Team. Reporting to the Manager, Experience Centre & Virtual Experience Centre Operations, the Assistant Manager is responsible for managing a team of associates with supporting walk-in customers with finding the best solution to complete their home improvement projects. They are also responsible for identifying and working cross functionally to execute current and incremental sales driving activity through existing customers and net new sales channels. The successful candidate will work daily towards achieving both individual and team goals. In addition, this role requires agility and flexibility to react quickly as direction or requirements change and to ensure continuity and thoroughness in activities in the event of a shift in direction.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, yearly sales targets; drive optimal team performance and maintain operations expertly
- Leverage reporting to analyze team results; develop new strategies in partnership with leadership team to improve / optimize these outcomes
- Establish rapport and build a professional relationship with clients; deliver excellent service via exceptional merchandise presentation & promotion
- Qualify customer by asking clear, direct, exploratory questions to understand their needs
- Expertly handle customer inquiries, and confidently promote and sell NewAge Products
- Train and guide peers and support leadership team in handling walk-in customers, pre-booked consultation appointments, virtual consultations, virtual product demonstrations, escalations / customer service concerns, and other channels as required
- Provide timely follow-ups to ensure effective closing of all sales opportunities; monitor cases across team and encourage / support their follow-ups
- Diligently gather customer input on design requirements and convey detailed information to the Design Service team as required; validate the completed design to ensure it matches the customer’s needs
- Advocate on behalf of management with respect to maintaining product knowledge and staying current with all marketing promotions to ensure success of all team members
- Upsell, cross-sell, and offer services to provide the best customer experience
- Provide a world-class sales experience and be a NewAge brand ambassador during every interaction
- Responsible for leading the recruitment, training, development, and overall management of a dynamic store team that will help drive NewAge Products within your assigned market
- Support your team through coaching, motivating, and analyzing sales performance
- Tasked with identifying events in the local market that will maximize NewAge Products brand exposure
- Regularly share customer feedback to help business plan future products, processes, or other services that are not currently in place
- Identify gaps or issues that could risk the success of sales or promotions, and escalate the concern to leadership for review if it cannot be resolved independently
- Support peers and CFTs with inquiries, new initiatives, and case handling
- Maintain a pristine Experience Centre environment by following all operational protocols carefully and thoroughly per pre-defined cadences
- Maintain a high level of work quality across all responsibilities
- Other related duties as assigned
What to Expect:
- You will be handling / assisting online video demonstrations for part of your shift, so it is important that you are comfortable being on camera
- You will be spending a significant amount of time on your feet as you walk the VEC space pivoting from product to product demonstrating various features
- Scripting and blocking will be outlined to provide customers with maximum information and visibility of NewAge products
- Certain demonstrations will require you to interact deeply with our products to demonstrate strength & quality – this may include lifting large objects to illustrate weight capacity, climbing on top of items, and other general physical activity
- This role will be based out of our North York showroom location (1190 Caledonia Rd, North York, Ontario)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends in a retail environment; standard work hours: Wed-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat/Sun 9am-5pm; flexibility regarding these hours is required
- Post secondary education in Business / related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of Customer Service and/or Sales experience; refined selling techniques mandatory
- Minimum 2 years of team management (lead, supervisor, manager, assistant manager)
- Exceptional English skills; written and verbal communication
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service/sales environment (up-selling and/or cross-selling)
- High-energy, bubbly personality, with the ability to quickly build relationships with any type of personality is critical to success in this role
- Proven track-record of closing leads, meeting or exceeding sales targets, and a solid approach to overcoming objections during sales pitches
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative; ability to solve problems with minimal guidance; ability to think outside the box
- Experience using Microsoft Office software in particular Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience preparing 3D kitchen, garage or bathroom designs is an asset
- Interior design experience and a passion for home décor is an asset
- Experience working with design software is an asset
- Experience with a big box store, home improvement or logistics/freight company is an asset
- Salary and bonus is based on experience and highly competitive for the right candidate
- Benefits package
- An opportunity within a growing, fast-paced company, well established in its industry
- Fun! We celebrate successes, and hold special events to build strong teams.
How to Apply:
If you’re intrigued by job profile described above, we invite you to apply with your resume and cover letter illustrating how you would be an ideal fit with our team. We thank all interested candidates for applying, and will contact those who qualify for an interview. No phone calls please. Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a thorough background check.
Headquartered in Vaughan, Ontario, with employees in the US, China and India, NewAge is committed to being a trusted brand in the home improvement industry by offering unique products, exceptional value and a best-in-class customer experience.
As a company, our core values are to simplify the complex, respect the dignity of all people, operate with integrity and openness, recognize our responsibility to the team and take a customer centric approach to everything we do.
If you identify with these values, you could be a great fit and valued member of our team!
NewAge Products is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusion and diversity. We provide employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require any accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000.00-$78,700.00 per year