Join Our Team at Clayton Park Veterinary Hospital in Halifax, NS!
Are you a passionate Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) looking for a fulfilling career in a Cat Friendly and Fear Free clinic? Look no further! Clayton Park Veterinary Hospital is searching for a dedicated RVT to join our dynamic team.
- Competitive compensation (Starting $19-$24/h, depending on experience)
- Flexible Schedule
- Annual Performance Reviews and ability to develop in your profession
- Various Team Building Activities
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Paid Annual RVT Dues
- Continuing education allowance + Access to exclusive webinars and CE events
- Health and dental plus a fantastic EAP, access to Telus Health telemedicine & loads of other benefit perks
- RRSP package with matching
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
- INDUSTRY LEADING medical and pet supply discounts
- And much more!!
Why Choose Clayton Park Veterinary Hospital:
- Cat Friendly and Fear Free Clinic: At our clinic, we prioritize the well-being and comfort for all our patients. We're committed to creating a stress-free environment for them to receive the treatment they deserve using Fear Free techniques.
- Endless Learning Opportunities: As an RVT at Clayton Park Veterinary Hospital, you'll have the chance to work closely with our experienced DVMs. We believe in nurturing your specific interests and guiding you towards your career goals.
- Small but Mighty: Although we're a small clinic, we have a powerful impact on our community. Our tight-knit team is dedicated to providing exceptional care to every patient that walks through our doors.
- Supportive Team: You won't be alone on this journey. Our clinic boasts a supportive support staff that functions seamlessly as a cohesive unit, from the front desk to the back of the clinic.
- Continuous Growth: We value learning and growth, which is why we host regular lunch and learns to keep our team updated on the latest advancements in veterinary medicine.
- Team Bonding: We believe in fostering strong relationships outside of the clinic as well. Join us in various activities and events that help build a sense of community among our team members.
If you're a compassionate RVT with a desire to make a difference in the lives of animals and their owners, Clayton Park Veterinary Hospital is the place for you. Come be a part of our family, where every member contributes to the overall success of our clinic. Apply today and embark on an exciting journey with us.
Our candidate must have:
- Animal Health Technician / Veterinary Technician Diploma
- One to Two years clinical experience
- Passed the VTNE or will soon be passing the VTNE
- Good standing with their provincial regulatory association
We are seeking candidates who possess the following qualities:
- Organized: Organizational skills help in managing appointments, ensuring the clinic runs smoothly, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-Motivated: Take the initiative to stay updated on the latest veterinary techniques, medications, and equipment. They can handle emergency situations and respond promptly without constant supervision.
- Reliable: Reliability is crucial in ensuring the well-being of animals and maintaining top standard medicine. Punctual and dependable to provide consistent care to patients and support the veterinary team.
- Able to Follow Direction: Following directions is vital for administering treatments accurately and adhering to the veterinarian's instructions.
Clayton Park Veterinary Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary! Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact on the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.