Who We Are: Campbellford Memorial Hospital is a 34-bed health care facility located in Trent Hills. As the only hospital located between Belleville and Peterborough, CMH provides a comprehensive array of acute care services. Together we ensure our patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time. We have a sustainable vision for the future: building upon our existing strengths, being a recognized leader in rural healthcare, and creating a healthy community through service excellence, effective partnerships and a health hub model of care. We are extremely proud of our team – warm, caring professionals who take a genuine interest in our patients. We passionately pursue excellence, and create a better experience by putting our best selves forward every day.
Position Description: As the successful candidate you are responsible for the provision of office administration support for the overall coordination of patient-centred and senior-friendly service in the GAIN “Geriatric Assessment Intervention Network” Program. The incumbent uses excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills to perform duties efficiently and effectively, with minimal supervision. Major responsibilities include supporting the Manager on program activities and projects. The position is responsible to schedule client appointments, maintaining appropriate records including patient files, and represent the program in a positive fashion to the general public.
Education & Experience Required:
- Related post-secondary school education, with preference of Unit Clerk/Medical Secretarial/Business Course or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively in a client-based service with geriatric and other patients
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, efficiently and with initiative to make improvements to work processes
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good mathematical and analysis skills and familiarity with budget processes
- Must be client focused and able to work in a senior-friendly manner
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage demanding workloads and pressures with professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and to respond positively to change in the work environment
- Proficiency with various computer programs such as: MS Office Suite, Meditech/other databases
- Intermediate keyboarding skills (45 wpm)
- Good knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, telephone etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to work in a safe manner, consistent with policies for patient and employee safety
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
We thank all applicants for their interest in Campbellford Memorial Hospital. In an effort to promote employment equity, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals including Aboriginal persons, immigrants, members of minority groups, women and persons with disabilities.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
- clerical, healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)