Dispatcher – Logistics Coordinator
Slingshot Transportation Inc. - Driven for Excellence - Powered by People
Slingshot Transportation Inc. is expanding again! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator - Dispatcher to join our operations team at the Calgary Alberta terminal.
Salary: $55,000-$70,000 annual
Scope of Duties:
· Liaise with clients: receive and confirm details of orders, maintain effective proactive client communications including tracking and tracing results as needed.
· Enter, manage, and dispatch all orders within company software.
· Effectively plan and prioritize all loads making best use of equipment and drivers while meeting service requirements. Ensure profitable margins on all loads.
· Arrange appointments and scheduling of loads
· Managing hour-to-hour, day-to-day dispatch of domestic and cross-border brokers.
· Provide continuous monitoring of all drivers enroute for the local service center.
· Maintain positive, caring, and supportive communications with drivers during the route time
· Liaise with drivers and the maintenance department to arrange spare vehicles and ensure repairs are completed to vehicles
· Monitor the location of vehicles in the yard.
· Support in scheduling of equipment maintenance and repairs including sourcing vendors.
· Motivate and manage drivers
· Ensure compliance of local laws and regulations
· Maintain a safe working environment.
· Provide technical support where necessary.
· Ensure proper sourcing of carriers to meet pickup and delivery requirements in a timely fashion.
· Form and maintain mutually beneficial carrier/broker relationships
· Brokering and coordinating of loads, ensuring accurate entry of load data into dispatch system.
· Provide exceptional customer service and develop positive business relationships with customers.
· Determine the best services to meet customers’ demands and maximize margins
· Perform emergency dispatch duties during high volume call times and staffing shortages.
Modified Work Schedule: This position involves working weekdays as well as weekends and holidays on a rotational schedule with appropriate time off to compensate.
· Minimum of 2 years Dispatcher or related experience
Must have cross boarder experience
Must have asset based and 3PL experience
· Working knowledge of the Transportation and Logistics industry
· Knowledge of North American geography and hours of service regulations
· Must be a team player
· Exceptional negotiation & leadership skills
· Excellent customer service skills including proper telephone etiquette
· Effective listening and strong communication skills
· Ability to organize, prioritize, and problem solve often in some state of distress
· Able to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
· Experience using Windows applications and industry specific software
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Fluent in verbal/written English
Slingshot Transportation Inc. offers a competitive compensation plan, bonuses and offer a full benefit package including but not limited to; medical, dental and vision.
If you have a passion for results and want to grow your career with a dynamic and growing industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Slingshot Transportation Inc; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Slingshot Transportation Inc. has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for peoples with disabilities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know to ensure that the appropriate accommodations are in place.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- 3PL: 2 years (required)
- Cross Boarder: 1 year (required)
- dispatching: 2 years (required)