Title: WELD OPERATOR
Location: Steeles and Torbram
Wages: $14-17 Per Hour
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: FULL TIME
Job Duties/Functions : Full Time
· Operate weld/ assembly equipment
· Operate resistance welding equipment
· Operate tube foaming/secondary operation equipment.
· Complete all necessary paperwork affiliated with production.
· Work with other team members and Management to improve welding and inspections
speeds and reduce scrap.
· Maintain a high standard of quality product.
· Meet production schedules.
· Alert Weld Technician/Supervisor of any Process quality concerns.
· Change tips as required. (if applicable)
· Check parts using process sheet and checking fixture.
· Ensure and maintain a tidy and organized work space.
· Adhere to all obligations and requirements under Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
· Adhere to all obligations and duties outlined in the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
· Work in compliance with IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and all other company policies and procedures.
· Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all company tooling, processes, methods, customer and supplier information and business.
· Perform other duties as required by Department Manager or General Manager.
· Cost savings.
· Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas.
· Adherence to IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and all other company policies and procedures.
· Feedback from key relationships.
· Achievement of goals as required and set with department and/or General Manager.
· Team Section Weld Tech/ Shift Supervisor
· Weld Technician/Supervisor
· Quality Assurance
· Team members
· Will be required to work at any time when warranted by customer requirements or internal challenges.
· Exposure to noise while working in the plant.
· Manufacturing plant environment with stamping presses, welding, assembly and material handling equipment.
· Previous work experience in an automotive manufacturing environment preferred.
· Knowledge of weld equipment.
· Familiarity with the 5S system.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent English skills both oral and written.
All candidates, please respond directly to this ad via indeed, or TEXT MESSAGE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Automotive - TOOL & DIE: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)