Fruit Processing Facility in Abbotsford
SUMMARY Our General Labour staff support our production department by performing a variety of duties in our fruit processing facility. This is an entry-level position with an opportunity to grow into more skilled roles.
· Assisting operators with equipment set-up, tear down
· Cleaning and sanitizing the facility and helping with equipment cleaning
· Repackaging finished product into packaging units
· Supporting all production duties (helping to drum product, lidding and ringing drums, opening & prepping drums and totes, staging pails, load pallets, wrapping pallets)
· Full days of cleaning and production support can be expected
· Manually loading and unloading trailers
· Manual cleaning of tanks, pumps and plant
· Prep work to set up production
· Completing paperwork
- We have openings on both our day and night shifts
- Day shift: 12-hour shifts 6:00 am to 6:15 pm or
- Night shift 12-hour shifts 6:00 pm to 6:15 am
- Employees work a two-week rotating schedule (on day or night shift) with Friday, Saturday, Sunday off every second week.
o Week One - Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
o Week Two - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
What else do you need to know:
- We have implemented astringent COVID-19 Safety Plan in alignment with WorkSafe BC and Fraser Health – we take your health seriously
- We are a food processing manufacturer of local and imported berries and fruits
- Work is outdoor, indoor and in our freezers – be prepared for all weather conditions
- Ability to read, write and speak English required
- We look for solid work history, supportive work references and a demonstrated commitment to great attendance
- Heavy lifting required – up to 57 lbs.
- Forklift experience highly preferred
What you get with us:
ü Full-time work
ü $17.05 per hour. $1.00 shift premium for night shift
ü Benefits (health, dental, life insurance, prescriptions), RRSP Matching, eligible for an annual bonus, and accumulated sick pay after 3 months
ü Annual Rain Gear, Boot Allowance, Costco Memberships
ü Opportunity to apply for open positions within the company - we offer training
ü Company events and social activities
Pacific Coast Fruit Product Ltd is a progressive, globally recognized fruit processing company located in Abbotsford, BC. We have experienced rapid growth over the last number of years because of our high standards for product quality and customer service, our attention to detail and our food safety programs.
The candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada. PCFP is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Pacific Coast Fruit Products is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for their interest.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $13.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC (required)
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you able to lift 57 Lbs repetitively?
- Are you comfortable working inside and outside in all weather conditions?
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place