Do you have the ‘drive’ to strive?
Trotman Auto Group is searching for an experienced Recruiter to join our growing Talent Acquisition Team. If you have a passion for recruitment, identifying and hiring top talent; then this is the career for you.
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide you:
- Development training opportunities through our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation package including benefits and pension program
- Versatile career in a dynamic and growing Company
- Close-knit team and energizing environment
The Recruiter is responsible for full-cycle recruitment within Trotman Auto Group's various locations. The successful candidate will focus on the timely sourcing and hiring of quality candidates through innovative recruitment strategies, building a robust pipeline for current and future positions; and development and execution of targeted sourcing strategies focused on driving candidate generation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure role clarity and expectations when recruiting. Ensure all recruitment systems and initiatives are executed according to Trotman Auto Group’s operating model, our purpose of Enriching People’s Lives and our core values and brand
- Develop a strong pipeline to drive high quality candidates by; networking, conducting job fairs, visiting employment centers, attending automotive events, and any other suitable channels
- Identify critical and hard to fill roles and source innovative channels for recruitment
- Create job descriptions and advertisements; post accurate and timely job ads, and manage budget when posting for position vacancies using the best-performing recruitment channels
- Ability to conduct first level phone interviews with high volume postings and candidates, book in-person interviews for hiring managers and conduct interviews as required
- Conduct background screening services as required
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at local schools, colleges and universities; participate in career fairs, job fairs etc. to promote TAG as an employer of choice, increase talent awareness, and provide information about opportunities available
- Update monthly recruitment scorecards including; new hires per month, pipeline tracker, quality of hire, time to fill and resume tracking
- Assist with the on-boarding of all new team members within TAG, during their 60 – 90 day on-boarding experience
- Enter and maintain the accuracy of candidate and team member profiles within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Internal intranet software
- Support the Human Resources Advisor with new team member paperwork as required, i.e. creating offer letters, preparing new hire packages etc.
- Perform other duties as required
The successful Candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Experience/education in Human Resources Management or a relevant field, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- A minimum of 2+ years experience in full cycle recruitment within a high volume, fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience recruiting in a similar field, i.e. retail, customer service, commissionable sales roles – experience in Automotive is an asset
- Excellent relationship building skills and a proven track record maintaining strong brand recognition
- The ability to collaborate with and provide recruitment guidance to managers for their hiring leads
- Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System is as asset
- Experience in creating sourcing strategies for difficult to hire positions
- Analytical and data driven - experience developing various tracking tools
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to safeguard information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to exceed internal and external guest expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication; Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Proven track-record of responsiveness and meeting deadlines; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibile and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
Please apply with your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Recruitment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Surrey, BC (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)