Why work for us?
- Salary: $65,000-75,000 (dependent on experience)
- Extended health care
- Access to hotel discounts across North America
- Advance your career with a quickly growing company
Provide IT support to NVD staff and entities. Must have experience working within an organization (either on contract or as a direct employee) that manages multiple systems. Must have knowledge and experience in cyber security assessments and/or implementation. This role is based in Whitehorse, Yukon, but is hybrid (minimum 50% of time spent in office).
- Assess, maintain, and upgrade current IT and data systems and processes
- Set IT strategy and direction
- Ensure ongoing performance of networks and computer systems
- Plan and implement installation of new IT equipment and systems
- Troubleshooting and crisis management
- Budgeting and recommendations on software/IT-related purchases
- Direct and oversee IT projects
- Stay up-to-date on all developments in IT field
While a tertiary education in computer science, software development or engineering is recommended, it is not required. However, representative IT experience is essential.
Other required skills and experiences include:
- In-depth knowledge of IT systems and architecture
- IT leadership experience
- Knowledge of data administration
- Good knowledge of cyber-security and ongoing threats
The right candidate will have:
- High level problem solving
- Analytical mindset
- Project management capabilities
- Ability to present information coherently
- Communication skills
About the Company
NVD is proud to be over 50% First Nations owned and over 50% Yukon owned, having several successful partnerships across the Yukon.
The company is proud to support the community, providing space, resources, and staff to countless non-profits including Adaka, Special Olympics Yukon, Yukon Rendezvous, and more. NVD also supports it’s staff with training opportunities, housing, healthcare benefits, and ample opportunity for career growth.
NVD is proud to have a diverse and wide range of cultures and people. And while we don't always agree, we always respect each other. Did you know that men apply for jobs when they only have 60% of the qualifications, while women and other underrepresented groups are reluctant to reply to a posting unless they believe they have 100% of what is requested? They say everything you want is on the other side of fear and you have nothing to lose by reaching out to us and applying or asking questions. Let's have a chat and get to know each other to see if we are a match for your career.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitehorse, YT Y1A 0K7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Whitehorse, YT Y1A 0K7