6-MONTH PAID INTERNSHIP - OTTAWA VIDEO PRODUCTION COMPANY
We’re an ambitious and growing video production company on the hunt for a creative and passionate video intern! We are looking to hire someone immediately in order to assist with the increase in production at our company now and into the future. We produce mostly video-for-web projects for businesses and not for profit organizations locally, regionally, and nationally. Documentaries, social media campaigns, training videos, commercials, and livestreams are some of the video types we focus on creating for our clients. In this pandemic year, we've also adopted new workflows to capture and edit video virtually, without being in our clients' physical spaces.
Based in Ottawa, we are seeking someone with an excellent attitude, a high technical aptitude, and a strong desire to learn, grow, work hard, and get creative with us!
Intern Character Expectations:
- Enthusiastic and hard-working
- Interest in and aptitude for video production, video editing and creative media design
- High technical aptitude and ability to learn quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiar with Adobe Premiere CC (experience with other CC apps considered an asset)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Graphic design knowledge considered a strong asset
- Ability to speak French considered a strong asset
Intern can Expect to:
- Gain skills in shooting, editing, and navigating the entire video production workflow
- Flex and train creative muscles, individually and collaboratively creating impactful media projects
- Gain industry-ready experience across the broad spectrum of video production
- Have opportunity for part-time or full-time employment post-internship
- Assisting on-set in professional production environments
- Organizing shoots and assisting in some pre-production tasks
- Shooting video, photos, time-lapse & hyper-lapse videos indoors and outdoors
- Creating still and motion graphics for video projects
- Lots of video editing & media management tasks
- Creative production and editing tasks, including producing original content
- Virtual production tasks, including scheduling, optimizing, and recording video over Zoom and other virtual meeting platforms
Position is for 16-24hrs per week at $14.25/hr. Work takes place at our South Keys office and various locations around Ottawa. Our office is located close to a transit station (5-minute walk), and there’s also free parking available on-site.
If you’re our ideal candidate, let us know! We’re excited to meet you.
Please send us:
- A 30-second video introducing yourself and explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this job (low production value please - keep it simple and honest)
- Your resumé
- List of 3 videos that you’ve created that you’re particularly proud of (with links)
- List of 3 references (including both professional and character references)
Deadline for applications is Friday, December 11th at 4PM. Only those considered will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest!
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 16-24 per week
Application deadline: 2020-12-11
Expected start date: 2021-01-04
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Contract
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)