590 Beaver Lake Rd.
We currently have an opportunity open for a Carpenter in the Victoria area.
We are a People First Employer! We realize that our people are our greatest assets, and this reflects in everything we do, it is ingrained in our culture.
Some of the work perks:
- Work-Life Balance
- Professional Development
- Paid Birthday Day Off!
- Company Mentorship Program
- Company Social Events
- Performance Bonuses
- Employer RRSP Matching Program (5%)
- Top Tier Excellent Benefits Package for you and your family. Drug Coverage, Dental, Life Insurance, Paramedical Services and much more
- Health & Wellness Account to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
And many more!
See more on why CGI is an Employer of Choice at https://cgigc.com/join-us/.
Aside from the many perks and offerings that come with being a part of the Team, there are opportunities for advancement, and a great group of people that promote an inclusive environment. Be a part of the excitement as we undertake complex and interesting Construction Projects coast-to-coast! Visit our Projects page on our website to see some of our recent accomplishments at https://cgigc.com/projects/.
You as a Carpenter:
- Work safely and efficiently with minimal supervision and promote safe work practices
- Work on various sites under the direction of the Site Superintendent to assist in site management and contribute to building quality projects on time and on schedule
- Have knowledge of construction practices, operation of tools, and characteristics of all types of construction material and their proper use and application
- Experienced in interior finishing -millwork, doors, and casework
- Experienced in concrete formwork, building envelope, and framing (preferred)
- Work from blueprints, instructions from supervisors to do layout-measuring, marking and arranging of various construction materials and check for accuracy of works and make adjustments as required
- Have a good understanding of projects and can identify issues or defects and take appropriate measures
Do you see these qualities in yourself?
- Strong work ethic
- Valued team member and able to build and maintain solid relationships with trade partners
- Self-motivated and driven
- 3+ years' experience in Construction Industry preferably working on commercial and institutional sites
- Construction knowledge - overall understanding of construction process
- Trade Qualification or Carpentry ticket is considered an asset
- Must have independent transportation and ability to travel to different sites
The following skills would be an asset:
- Ministry certified Working at Heights Training
- First Aid/CPR
Century Group Inc. is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be handled and addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
Application deadline: 2022-05-13