Tired of commuting to Toronto every day? PatientCare Solutions and m-health Solutions are seeking a full-time Senior Back-End .Net Developer to join their shared Technology team in Burlington. This position is ideal for an individual who is excited by the technology required to build and support healthcare applications.
The majority of work will be the continued architecture and development of an ERP-style system designed to track patient tests from ordering through to billing. This system is designed to by dynamic and configurable to new tests, such as blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and can be integrated to numerous hospitals and medical platforms. This integration may be through multiple protocols including HL7 and FIHR.
As small/mid-size healthcare companies, PatientCare Solutions / m-health Solutions offer:
- The opportunity to make an immediate impact within the organization and to the welfare of the patients who use our devices
- The ability to offer input that is heard and valued
- The ability to guide the architecture of the system, and to make it extensible
- Be the key responsible architect for the software; design any changes and new functionality required in the database and API layer
- Navigate projects through their entire lifecycle – from requirements gathering to delivery and support
- Provide input and feedback through the development process, in terms of missing functionality to invalid functionality
- Respond to external HCP requests for change requests. Those customers may be patients, general practitioners, hospitals, or cardiologists
- Mentor junior developers, and help guide the development process (through policies, approaches or tools)
- Support internal staff, by researching and implementing technical solutions to resolve their unique challenges (ie: process, software or hardware)
- 10+ years of related experience in designing and building back-end systems, preferably with a web front-end
- Must have hands-on experience with MS SQL Server database, including a good knowledge of SQL syntax and structure; functional areas should include views, stored procedures, triggers and effective table design
- Must have current, hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Proficiency in .NET (.NET Core 2.0, ASP.NET MVC), C# and Entity Framework
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of MSSQL including database design, T-SQL and query optimization
- Working knowledge of:
- HL7 and/or FIHR
- Knowledge of source control using Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Git.
- Experience in developing n-tier applications would be deemed highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills (deskside, telephone and written)
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task while ensuring good attention to detail
- Goal oriented, self-directed, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible, dependable and team oriented
Burlington, Ontario. Conveniently located near the QEW/403/407 junction.
About PatientCare Solutions and m-health Solutions
PatientCare Solutions provides progressive web and support services through a Healthcare Professional based call center using voice, email and mail. By expanding the ways in which companies and patients interact, technology has raised the bar on patient service. To learn more about PatientCare Solutions, visit our website at www.patientcaresolutions.com.
m-health Solutions offers leading edge technology for mobile patient care – using both mobile devices and healthcare software. Our core service offers patients the ability to have their heart monitored while never entering a hospital. ECGs are wirelessly transmitted and reviewed by our monitoring center. To learn more about m-health Solutions, please visit our website at www.m-healthsolutions.com.
We welcome your application!
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We kindly ask, no telephone inquiries please.
PatientCare Solutions and m-health Solutions are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Software Development: 10 years (Required)
- .Net: 7 years (Preferred)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)