Securitas, a global leader in the security industry, has been providing security services since 1899. With over 7,000 employees in 24 offices across Canada and 320 000 employees globally, we possess the experience and knowledge to offer a broad range of services including: Leading Technology Solutions, Remote Guarding, On-site and Mobile Guarding, and Investigations
The Supervisor is responsible for supervising the guarding operations at the site. The incumbent of this position performs inspections and ensures that post orders are being followed; coaches and trains personnel; carries out administrative procedures as required by the Branch; and responds to incidents and may provide service coverage as needed.
Pay rate 21.00 per hour
40 hours per week.
Primary Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Supervises Security Guards, Lead Guards and other company personnel assigned to one or more posts at client site(s); acts to ensure that all post orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and that adequate reports are filed.
- Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
- As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and in compliance with Provincial and federal laws, carries out supervisory duties that can include some or all the following: interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching/counseling and appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures duties our performed daily, checks daily shift reports, prepares/generates specific reports for the client and or the Company.
- Submits detailed and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Uses communication systems to direct and supervise.
- Prepares reports, such as inspections performed, standard violations, and recommendations for eliminating hazards either for the client and/or the company.
- Must have the ability to use a computer and operating controls along with client security software applications.
- Previous security-related training or experience, including lead or supervisory experience, enough to meet the requirements of the assigned site, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, as determined by the company required.
- May be required to troubleshoot to resolve specific site issues/problems.
- May have to be available, always, to respond to calls specific demands from the Security Guards working on site.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable Provincial licensing requirements for Security Guards.
- Must be available to work on all shifts: days, evenings and nights which may include rotational shifts.
- Must be fluent in English and/or French.
Apply through Indeed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- Supervising: 2 years (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)
- Security Guard License (Required)