Retail Construction Manager
Senior Director of Operations
The Retail Construction Manager will be responsible for overseeing the retail Properties in Ontario, vetting, and project management of the permitting and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to Toronto office, retail stores – existing and proposed locations. etc. He or she will manage the Properties in order to ensure the process of acquiring new locations is according to the overall business plan and all locations are completed and maintained to guarantee safe, accessible and secure facilities in a timely fashion, and that all work is conducted in a safe, effective manner. He or she may be required to conduct duties in the capacity of a coordinator to oversee support services.
- Lead the Property initiatives of real estate administrators and personnel working in various jurisdictions to liaison with municipalities to open more Canna Cabana Stores
- Plan and prioritize work for staff to ensure they are effective in their roles
- Manage the responsibilities to ensure the achievement of all requirements necessary for the favourable execution of realty and development objectives
- Maintain the integrity of all the systems which provide the management of realty conditions, tracking and monitoring of the relevant application process and contractor obligations and schedules
- Ensure all facilities are up to code and compliant with any relevant legislation AGCO, OHS and any municipal regulation in the applicable jurisdiction or line of business of Canna Cabana.
- Ensure effective management of lease hold improvements, loss prevention, risk management, security, maintenance, ventilation, heating, cooling and other daily activities.
- Provide general status reports for all properties for all stages of development or lease
- Request for quotations, make contracts, supervise work and approve invoices for all services required to maintain the properties.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of emergency services.
- Oversee all maintenance contracts and manage the schedules
- Maintain and/or has working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Manage all service contracts and systems
- Vendor management and supply purchases
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain facility safety systems
- Update and maintain information in High Tide records systems and department databases.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance and annual inspections
- Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Prepare monthly reports and budget.
- Use cost effective measures to save company money in the construction and property development process by getting at least three quotes from vendors for getting tasks done.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum 5 years of Property construction, lease hold improvements and Facilities administration and regulatory experience.
- Relevant Trades certification
- Knowledge of retail property development and management
- Knowledge of compliance in Cannabis industry in different provinces across Canada.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and manage a team of people.
- Must be organized and able to schedule and prioritize work for contractors, trades and support services
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Technical ability to create alternative solutions
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- Travelling to Canna Cabana locations will be essential part of this position.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g.hard hat, steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc. and other safety tickets to be on construction sites.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Will be exposed to construction site.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- property development: 5 years (Required)
- any trades certification / Cannsell (Required)
- Consult blueprints, designs, and client instructions to develop construction plans for your team
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines
- Document all costs and ensure that expenses never exceed the construction budget
- Update clients on construction progress through presentations and client meetings
- Other duties as requested