Finlandia Natural Pharmacy (Hereafter called "Finlandia," https://finlandiahealthstore.com/) has been proudly serving customers for the last 50 years. We are a pioneer in the natural health industry, and we are looking for motivated individuals to join our team!
At Finlandia, our goal is to help our customers achieve their health and wellness objectives. We have a team of passionate and knowledgeable professionals: registered holistic nutritionists, naturopaths, herbalists, homeopaths, and pharmacists. Finlandia is known for bridging the gap between traditional and alternative medicine.
Finlandia has a full Western Pharmacy with an onsite compounding facility, an herbal dispensary, a comprehensive collection of homeopathic remedies, and carries a series of private label supplement products.
We are currently looking for a Compounding Supervisor! As a Compounding Supervisor, you will be overseeing and optimizing the compounding process, ensuring that compounded medications are of the highest quality, compliant with regulations, and delivered to patients in a safe and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the compounding of medications, ensuring that all medications are compounded accurately and safely.
- Manage staff, including training and supervising compounding technicians and support staff.
- Ensure that all medications are compounded in compliance with local, provincial, and federal regulations, as well as industry standards and best practices.
- Maintain accurate records of all compounded medications, including batch numbers, expiration dates, and lot numbers, as well as patient information. Complete necessary documentation and forms required by regulatory agencies.
- Manage inventory levels of compounding materials, ordering supplies and equipment as needed.
- Follow established recipes or instructions to prepare non-sterile medications. Measure, mix, and combine various ingredients according to specific formulas, ensuring accuracy and adherence to quality standards.
- Monitor inventory levels of raw materials, chemicals, and medications used in compounding. Assist in ordering supplies and maintaining appropriate stock levels to ensure uninterrupted production.
- Operate and maintain compounding equipment and machinery, such as balances, mixers, ointment mills, and capsule-filling machines. Ensure that the equipment is calibrated, cleaned, and functioning properly.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality control and compliance with regulations. This includes verifying the accuracy of ingredients, labeling, and packaging of compounded medications.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), proper handling of hazardous materials, and maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
- Work closely with pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and other healthcare professionals to ensure efficient workflow and timely delivery of medications. Effective communication skills are essential for clarifying instructions and resolving any issues or concerns.
- Technicians must stay up to date with relevant laws, regulations, and best practices related to compounding and medication preparation. Ensure compliance with all applicable local, provincial, and federal regulations, including those set by Health Canada.
- May participate in training programs, workshops, or seminars to enhance their knowledge and skills in compounding techniques, safety practices, and new developments in pharmaceutical preparations.
- All other tasks as assigned by the pharmacists.
- Minimum of two years of experience in pharmaceutical compounding.
- Strong knowledge of compounding techniques, dosage forms, and quality assurance.
- Excellent leadership, team management, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Kroll pharmacy software and inventory management systems.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and commitment to patient safety.
- Ability to make informed decisions and solve problems effectively.
- Pharmacy assistant certificate an asset.
- Knowledge of provincial pharmacy regulations and ethical standards an asset.
Salary and Benefits
- Extended health/dental after probation
- On-site gym
- Store discount
- Training for all processes, systems, and other requirements
- Full-time position (40hrs/week)
- Wage: $25/hr