Candidates are invited to apply to the role of Training and Support Coordinator, reporting to the Field Accounting Supervisor & Implementation Specialist. This position is based out of Extendicare Corporate Office in Markham, Ontario.
As a member of the Field Accounting Systems Support Team (FASST), the successful individual will provide field training and support to the long-term care facilities, retirement homes and ParaMed centres across Canada. FASST works with the homes and corporate departments to develop processes, systems enhancements, and best practices.
- FASST is responsible for training Business Office personnel on financial systems software and applications in all long-term care facilities and retirement homes.
- Training includes but is not limited to field visits, one-on-one telephone support, remote desktop access solutions, group training sessions, web-based seminars, conference calls, and written material.
- Provides ongoing procedure and technical assistance to system users nationwide.
- Creates learning materials (i.e. reference guides, workbooks, checklists, e-learning tools, etc.) to assist in knowledge transfer. Presents recommended learning solutions, designs/develops training programs and determines learning objectives to meet the needs of the learner.
- Communicates with departmental Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure that relevant training program information is current.
- As an inter-departmental liaison, FASST works with all departments to resolve all inquiries.
- Participates in process improvements and projects using lean principles.
- Performs systems testing for possible enhancements and implementations when required.
- Assists in the implementation of new homes on behalf of Extendicare and Extendicare Assist where onsite training is provided across Canada for new business office staff as they transition into Extendicare’s policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Participates in risk management analysis for the purposes of identifying the homes that require special care, training and/or additional support.
- Provides superior customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Substantial travel is required – at a minimum, 50% of your time will be spent in the field, across Canada.
- Must be willing to travel up to two consecutive weeks at a time when required, including over the weekend.
- Highly motivated and outgoing with a positive attitude, even during challenging circumstances.
- 2-3 years of practical experience in instructional training design, training delivery, facilitation and adult learning development.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively for a diverse audience verbally and in written format.
- Design and develop creative training solutions; including, but not limited to interactive instructor-led training courses, e-learning, and blended learning modules.
- Advanced aptitude in writing coherent procedural documentation with the ability to format documents in a clean, profession manner.
- Highly detail oriented with a strong emphasis on timely follow-through, consistency and "getting things done."
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills is a must. Tight deadlines are usual occurrences in this department.
- Customer-focused attitude, with the ability to understand, anticipate and identify customer needs while using information to provide the best-individualized service.
- Must be a self-starter who can take initiative, make inquiries and have the ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Must be able to learn a large volume of complicated material in a short time, with the capacity to “self-teach” when necessary.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities in a very high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Strong team focus and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with partners from diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Working knowledge of AS400/Infinium, Payables Ledger, PointClickCare an asset.
- Previous experience with HRIS systems, Scheduling and Payroll systems preferred.
- Tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgment is required.
- Skilled in working effectively within a variety of stressful situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication required.
- Must possess knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Must have ‘G” license and your own personal, reliable car.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact mvalenzuela@ extendicare.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent