The Cashiers work to provide a friendly atmosphere for our customers. They are responsible for scanning items while ensuring accurate prices and quantities that are being sold. They collect payments in a quick and efficient manner.
- Greeting all customers in a friendly manner with 10 seconds
- Responsible to scan items, ensure that prices are correct, quantities are correct, and collect payments.
- Processing all transactions quickly and in a professional manner
- Assist all customers in finding products and offering product knowledge to enhance their shopping experience
- Facing and minor replenishment of stock including cleaning shelves in preparation of new stock arrival within the cashier perimeter when not assisting customers
- Assist with labeling product and changing labels when requested
- Sweep and/or vacuum front of store
- Process returns up to $50 on cash account and $100 on charge accounts
- Double check all customer’s receipts prior to them walking out the door including the contractor customers.
- Balance cash register at the end of each shift.
- Be proactively aware of all promotions and product availability
- Ensuring always in compliance with WorkSafe Standards
- Completing opening and closing duties
- Prior customer service experience is considered an asset, but we are willing to train the right candidate
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn about products
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Detail orientated and strong attention to following safe work practices
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $14.90 per hour
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place