BizTech College is looking for an experienced ‘Generalist Sonography Instructor’, whose primary role will be teaching the students in an engaging environment so that they learn quickly and succeed in profession. The Suitable instructor will improve the quality of delivery of curriculum to make the students confident professionals. In addition, General Sonography Instructor is expected to facilitate services to the college departments through team work, involvement in committee meetings and participate in shared leadership activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Provide well-structured education, which is well aligned with program requirements.
· Deliver and continually recommend curriculum revision for the improvement of the program. This includes but not limited to improvements relating to multicultural prospective, development of core and technical abilities to meet industry standards and to prepare graduates for successful career.
· Oversee and maintain the General Sonography Program structure and operation.
· Review, evaluate, and guide the curriculum of program.
· Measure and monitor program outcomes.
· Prepare and administer quizzes, midterm and final exams, both didactic and practical lab.
· Prepare curriculum resources including power points, handouts and other relevant teaching material.
· Provide instant, routine and consistent feedback to students to aid them in improving performance in technical and core ability competencies.
· Audit and monitor individual student’s academic progression and implement necessary strategies for the improvement of performance of academically weak students.
· Keep the program director informed of all matters related to academic performance and discipline of his/her class students.
· Should have solid command over speaking and writing communication skills.
· Responsible for supervision of college’s equipment and assets related to the program.
· Utilize the data to identify the quality outcomes related to student persistence, retention, completion rate, course success, and to develop improvement strategies based on the evidence.
· Responsible for providing quality instructions to the students that meet the program and course objectives/requirements.
· Must have good organizational communication skills.
· Effective classroom management and implementation of strategies to ensure achievement of academic objectives.
· Keep himself/herself abreast with latest developments in the field of sonography and teaching methodology.
· Follow the College policies and practices related to instruction, assessment, and delivery.
· Participate in college-sponsored events to promote the college’s programs and enhance community relationships.
· Engage in division, department and team meetings and requirements including the development and completion of the college’s strategic planning through team action plans.
· Provide help in the development of adjunct faculty through communication, sharing of resources, coaching and mentoring.
· Knowledge of MS Office is mandatory.
· Canadian Registered Generalist Sonographer (CRGS®) is preferred and/or RDMS (AB, OB/GYN).
· Registered with CMRITO.
· Minimum of a Bachelor degree
· Experience with online and E-learning techniques is valued.
· Minimum of 3 years of full-time clinical experience as a staff medical sonographer (Preferred).
· Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience is preferred.
Hours of work will be assigned by the Mississauga Campus, Director of Admissions.
The scheduled start date is immediate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Teaching: 2 years (preferred)