Labrador Grenfell Health requires a dynamic Resident Care Manager to provide creative leadership and support to a 70- bed long- term care home providing level 3 or 4 care in Happy- Valley Goose Bay.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with excellent leadership, communication, planning and organizational skills, a critical thinker with experience in quality improvement and risk management initiatives to promote optimal delivery of resident care.
The position is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership and direction to nursing staff and for the management of all aspects of human and fiscal resources, and policy development. The position reports to the Regional Director of Long- Term Care.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Nursing with current registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Five years’ long- term care experience;
- 1-2 years’ experience in management preferably in long- term care;
- Proven ability to supervise, support, and guide staff;
- Proven ability to work independently and exercise considerable judgment and initiative in performing duties;
- Breastfeeding course/education;
- Successful completion of long- term care management course, or willingness to enroll;
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a satisfactory certificate of conduct.
- Plans, organizes, manages and evaluates delivery of nursing services for the Long-Term care Facility;
- Provides leadership and guidance to members of the nursing team;
- Implements and follows evidence-based practices to guide clinical care;
- Evaluates staffing needs to determine appropriate staffing;
- Manages all aspects of human resources including hiring, orientation, performance evaluations, and disciplines;
- Responsible for attendance management;
- Completes, submits and authorizes payroll for the nursing unit;
- Monitors monthly financial statements and explains applicable variances;
- Completes quality assurance activities to ensure sustainability of the Labrador- Grenfell Model of Nursing Clinical Practice;
- Completes and monitors Critical Safety Reporting System (CSRS), Risk and Safety Management Alert System (RASMAS) and Nursing Workload tools;
- Participates in developing policies and procedures;
- Collaborates with staff, residents, families and Regional Director of Long- Term Care in setting goals and objectives for the nursing department;
- Submits monthly reports to the Regional Director of Long -Term Care;
- Chairs unit staff meetings, and chairs/participates in standing committees as required;
- Ensures full compliance with regulatory requirements, standards and policies;
- Other related duties as required.
- In accordance with the HAY Management Pay Plan $36.25 - $47.12 hourly plus the applicable Labrador Allowance of $1.53 (single) - $3.03 (dependent) Subject to classification.
Hours of Work:
- 75 hours bi-weekly, Monday – Friday (on-call may be required)
This position is open to both male and female applicants.
Interested applicants please submit resume, stating competition number 2019000407N to:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36.25-$47.12 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision care