We’re a financial technology company on a mission to create graceful products that simplify the mortgage process and help fund the future. Our flagship product is an advanced digital mortgage origination platform that connects borrowers, brokers and lenders. We’re a fast-growing team of 50+ employees, composed of innovative and engaged individuals working collaboratively to deliver a unique digital home buying experience. We are a remote-first company with team members across Canada with a concentration in Vancouver, B.C.
What We Offer
In addition to the exciting work, great people and a fun and supporting culture, we offer extensive benefits and perks package:
- Comprehensive benefit plan including dental, medical and vision
- Remote first, work from where you are in Canada
- Budget to improve your home office set-up
- Flexible work hours
- The latest in hardware and software tools
- Budget for continuous development and training
- Stock purchase program in our parent company (“NYSE:RKT”)
Lendesk is growing, and we are looking for a dynamic, organized and highly self-motivated Accounting Manager who has the ability to pick up concepts and tasks quickly including learning the business.
The Accounting Manager will be a key member of the Finance and Operations team and will be responsible for regular reporting of financial performance, full-cycle accounting, ensuring accuracy of data and adherence to accounting principles, as well as performing reconciliations and preparing schedules to support all accounts. This position will have exciting growth potential and will contribute to a variety of projects.
Vancouver, BC is preferred. Anywhere in Canada is fine as we are a remote-first company.
- Be a leader and mentor to our great Junior Accountant
- Manage the annual budgeting process with monthly budget to actuals analysis
- Ownership of lender and broker reporting processes
- Ownership of month-end and quarter-end close responsibilities including optimization of the current process
- Prepare internal monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Liaison with parent company to ensure financial reporting is accurate
- Working closely with the Finance Operations team to prepare monthly variance analysis and financial statements for presentation
- Manage digital filing of contracts and other documentation
- Assists Finance Operations team with ad-hoc financial analysis as required
- Other accounting and administrative duties as directed by the Finance Operations team
- Collect, compile, verify and analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements so senior leadership has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions
- GL account reconciliation experience
- Month-end close process experience
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience in a growing organization
- Advanced MS Excel – Skilled in pivot tables and vlookups
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP – IFRS)
- Post-secondary education in business/accounting; business degree preferred but will consider relevant experience + education
- An eye for detail, high quality work ethic, extremely self-motivated and strong organizational skills
- CPA or CPA student is an asset
- Experience with Workday would be an asset