We deliver specialty construction products
Founded by the Morin brothers in 1986, Morin Supply has since grown into a major distributor of specialty construction products and materials across the National Capital Region. Homeowners, contractors, engineers, and architects rely on us to source the products they need from the industry’s most respected manufacturers. We’ve always invested in our people, whose product knowledge, long-standing relationships, technical expertise, and commitment to collaboration has made the Morin name synonymous with trust and reliability.
We are now looking to expand our team! Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, reliable, hard-working and a team player.
JOB TITLE: INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Inside Sales Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: The Inside Sales Representative will build relationships with our customers by assisting with product inquiries, product demonstrations & processing orders. This position provides our customers with a high level of service which is integral to our company values; Excellence, Passion, and Solutions.
· Establish rapport with customers by assisting walk-ins and processing orders by phone and email.
· Process, pull, and distribute customer purchases quickly and efficiently.
· Accurately perform data entry of sales orders to generate invoices of products for delivery or pick-up. Also must secure payment of invoices with proper funds or obtain credit authorization as per company policy.
· Prepare quotes based on materials list and industry pricing.
· Maintain communication with clients regarding product availability, delivery, scheduling, etc.
· Assist in shipping, receiving, general inventory and merchandising duties.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
· Staying up to date on products sold, their usage, competitive prices and new products emerging on the market.
· Respond to upwards of 100 calls per day.
· Practice active listening to understand customers’ projects and needs to properly calculate the material requirements.
· Research new products to fully understand their use and recommend suitable alternatives with consideration to Ontario’s Building Code.
· Ensure products sold are compliant with job specifications.
· Coordinate product and order deliveries with Dispatch.
· Direct qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales representative for further development
· Execute special orders for items that are not in stock or that we do not carry.
· Handle minor customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits. Follow up to ensure resolution.
· Maintain proper housekeeping including but not limited to the product displays & inventory of cleaning supplies.
· Assist supervisor and other employees as needed.
· One (1) mandatory Saturday every year for inventory (Last weekend of July before Civic Holiday weekend).
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience in commercial/construction materials sales considered an asset
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
·Bilingual (written and oral) in English and French is an asset.
· Knowledge of building materials preferred; eagerness to learn is an asset.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Good computer skills (entering and processing sales, operating cash register, ordering products, entering and tracking merchandise, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team.
· Proactive attitude to research products and find solutions.
· Possess an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor.
· Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment as prescribed in designated areas.
· Knowledge of BisTrack software is an asset.
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods at a time.
· Reach overhead to grasp materials.
· Bend, stoop, or squat to floor level on occasion.
· Manual dexterity.
· Strength: regularly lift and/or move up to 90 pounds with a dolly.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Moderate noise level.
· Handle mechanical equipment for demonstration purposes.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: None Required
BENEFITS AND REWARDS:
· Dental care
· Extended health care
· RRSP match
· Employee discount
· Career advancement opportunities
· Employee events (summer BBQs, food trucks, holiday party, etc.)
· Employee referral program
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.89-$27.47 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you speak French? If yes, please state beginner, intermediate or advanced.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- construction materials: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person