Under the direction of the Manager, Environmental Services or the Environmental Services Supervisor, the Environmental Services Aide is responsible for performing the following activities according to related policies and procedures and any government regulations and legislation: assists in all aspects of laundry and housekeeping services in accordance with established standards, procedures, and infection control guidelines; prioritizes and completes all duties, inspections, and inventory responsibilities within established timeframes and schedules; performs all duties in a manner that enhances patient and workplace safety.
Job Type / Category
Environment Services Aide (Housekeeping Aide / Laundry Aide)
Part Time Permanent Relief Position
Start Date: As soon as possinble
7.75 hour Day & Evening shifts
Swan River Health Centre, Swan River, MB & Benito Health Centre, Benito, MB
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Grade 10 (Manitoba Standards).
- Other combination of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated dexterity, and efficient work methods
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Prairie Mountain Health is located in western Manitoba and provides health services and programs across the continuum of care.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.51 to $17.98 /hour