Sinopec Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a major International upstream oil and gas company, Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation (SIPC) headquartered in Beijing, China. Sinopec Canada has been an active participant in the Canadian energy industry since 2005. Joining Sinopec Canada as a Field Administrator means becoming an important part of our team dedicated to making successful contributions to a sustainable future.
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Whitecourt area Foreman (office based in Drayton Valley), the Field Administrator will be responsible for assisting the Operations team with day-to-day administrative and reporting responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As the first point of contact, warmly greet visitors, answer phones, accept and sort incoming mail, and arrange couriers.
- Track and forward truck tickets and charts to Production Accounting at month end.
- Perform various PVR duties including entering volumes, running reports and trouble shooting.
- Reconcile receipt summary from Terminals to PVR weekly and inform Foreman of any anomalies.
- Update all emergency response area manuals, and attend emergency response planning and training, as well as schedule training for WCSS exercises.
- Coordinate with various departments to onboard new operators including setting up access to Sinopec Daylight programs, managing vehcile handover, mobile phones, equipment and required documentation.
- Coordinate with Payroll department to ensure operator timecards are submitted accurately in ADP according to operator schedules.
- Monitor and track operator safety tickets and set up training prior to ticket expiration.
- Assist HSE department with inputing hazard assessments into Sinopec’s safety program as required.
- Administer the Competency Management and Development System (CMDS).
- Monitor, troubleshoot, set up new entities and provide operator support for Beyond Compliance (BCI) and Oplii software.
- Verifying electronic invoice coding and ensure all appropriate approvals have been executed.
- Track and verify HSE statistics and compile data for weekly and month-end reports.
- Distribute weekly BOE reports to operators.
- Track spare personal monitors and Geotrac units as changed out or sent for repairs.
- Assist in setting up new vendors in Complyworks as required.
- Assist with maintaining the SDS database.
- Track Oplii and OPEX for the area Foreman on an ongoing basis.
- Generate required reports prior to weekly Leadership meeting, record clear and concise minutes and distribute to attendees.
- Maintain and update the monthly KPI board.
- Support in maintaining and organize all electronic filing in an efficient and user-friendly manner.
- Order office stationary and supplies as required.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook with the capability to learn new programs quickly
- Strong organizational abilities with attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to partner with internal departments and external vendors to resolve issues.
- Knowledge of Beyond Compliance (BCI) and PVR software is considered an asset.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- High level of integrity in all actions, complying with and promoting the company’s core values, a respectful work environment, and aligning with the code of business conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work well in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
- 5-6 years of office administration experience
- Minimum of 5 years oil and gas administration experience
- Post-secondary education in administration is preferred
- Must be legally qualified to work in Canada
Come work with us!
If you are looking for meaningful new challenges and have a solutions-oriented attitude, we want to hear from you. Join Sinopec Canada for a workplace filled with diversity, rewarding work, and opportunities to develop new skills and grow your career.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on the careers section of our website, www.sinopeccanada.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.
At Sinopec Canada, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so do not delay, apply now.
Job Type: Full-time