Autism Intervention Services (AIS) is responsible to offer evidence based intervention services to preschool children who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in the province of New-Brunswick. AIS’ philosophy is to offer treatment in the most natural environment possible and therefore prioritizes home based services or community-based services.
AIS is currently looking to hire Behaviour Interventionists for Miramichi and surrounding.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
This person will demonstrate exceptional abilities to work in a team setting and will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity, adopting and respecting AIS’ mission and values.
Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle as travel is required.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have completed a high school education, preferably with some post- secondary education
· Demonstrates a strong desire to work with children with ASD
· Have completed or shown intent to complete the provincial Education and Early Childhood Development level 1 Autism training, offered once hired
· Have completed a criminal record check, vulnerable sector check and Social Development prior contact check within the past five years
· Have completed or will complete a Workplace First Aide Course
Roles and Responsibilities:
A behavior interventionist is responsible for working directly with a child to implement behavioral intervention programs that are written to address the personalized learning plan goals. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Playing and interacting socially with a child to build rapport during the intake process or when beginning to work with a new client
· Working one on one with preschool children with autism implementing individualized evidence based strategies/programs
· Working in family homes, in daycares and agency’s center
· Administering programs to support the intervention goals
· Collecting data, summarizing data, and communicating as needed with the supervisor
· Maintaining compliance with the agency’s policies and procedures
· Communicating with the families
· Being receptive to feedback and implementing suggestions
· Demonstrating good work ethic (punctual and good attendance)
· Demonstrating professionalism and good communication skills
· Adhering to confidentiality
· Competitive salary offered
· Group medical and dental insurance
· Life and long term disability insurance
· Travel expenses
· Vacation and sick time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.05 per hour