EASi is a global leader in engineering services and is a subsidiary of the Allegis Group, North America’s largest privately-held human capital solutions company.
We are currently looking to hire a Manufacturing Project Engineer in permanent, full time capacity to support our rapid growth in Canada, having experienced significant growth in recent years. We are also open to the prospects of working with a consultant for this project, should this be the candidate's preference.
EASi is a strategic partner to a major client in the gas turbine & power generation industries and has additional clients in the aviation industry in Montreal and we are looking to build our engineering competencies. Our major client with whom we have a strategic partnership has recently begun the process of digitizing and evolving their shop floor and production processes, and are seeking support in this initiative. This person would spearhead these efforts and grow throughout their career with EASi supporting a variety of other customers and projects as well as EASi’s internal initiatives.
The candidate must show a strong aptitude and interest in the pursuit of new technologies and shop improvement processes. The candidate must have the ability to use their leadership abilities to obtain the technical knowledge and support from other experts within their team to validate these new technologies and processes and build effective business cases for implementation. They must have a knowledge of PFMEA, FAIRs, methods assembly procedures, manufacturing techniques, and an overall familiarity working in a shop floor environment.
This will be permanent hire within our organization and our hiring package includes a comprehensive medical benefits plan, RRSP contribution, profit sharing, sick & personal days, paid vacation, employee discount programs, professional training and development programs, etc.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This engineer will report to EASi’s Manufacturing Lead and initially support the technical Service department on site with our customer. In their role will ensure the implementation of new technologies to support the production line. For example, they would be working in digitization and industrialization of the production line in order to assist shop operation and improve overall performance and productivity.
They would additionally be responsible to present business cases to justify the project needs to the shop floor, highlighting the quality and continuous improvement benefits.
Additionally, they will manage and coordinate projects on time and within budget while leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams in a dynamic environment.
Education & Experience Requirements:
1. An Engineering degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of Experience in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
2. Creating/adapting ERP/MRP systems to manufacturing floor and processes implementation
3. Knowledge of PFMEA, FAIRs, etc
4. Knowledge of manufacturing & assembly processes, and familiarity with a shop floor environment
4. Proficiency in both English and French
5. Six Sigma Green Belt certification (an asset)
1. Project coordination and ability to execute projects on time and within cost,
2. Strong leadership and ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in a dynamic environment,
3. Interest in IT and application of IT technologies and tools in an industrial environment,
4. Ability to build business cases to justify their project to the leadership team and obtain budgets,
5. Ability to create specification and convert technical requirements,
6. Knowledge of product and technology integration and development,
7. Knowledge of Continuous improvement and Quality,
8. Worked on the shop floor in a manufacturing facility,
9. Good communications skills.
Job Type / Category:
EASi supports customers across North America. In Montreal, its largest customer is in the gas turbine/power generation industry. EASi is looking to expand, and has previously-established customer relationships through its staffing partner, Aerotek. However, a strong team and infrastructure is required to support this growth and EASi must first make key hires before we can start exploring partnership opportunities with additional customers. As part of the Allegis Group, EASi is mandated to experience significant growth year over year. This person would be a key piece towards doing so and they would be in a position to experience incredible growth and promotion opportunities as EASi continues to expand.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- methods assembly & manufacturing processes: 4 years (Required)
- shop/production floor: 4 years (Required)
- ERP/MRP systems: 4 years (Required)