Main Purpose and Function:
The Stores Assistant is an entry level position who will perform duties supporting the operation of the parts and maintenance departments.
This job would be suitable for someone who is interested in the aerospace industry and enjoys performing a wide array of tasks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for filing documents, answering phones, taking messages and aiding with the shipping and receiving of parts. Exceptional phone etiquette and customer service is expected at all times. Occasional duties may include refueling, and cleaning aircraft. An ideal candidate will have had experience working in an office environment and or experience within the aerospace industry. Adherence to Transport Canada’s regulations regarding the distribution of aeronautical parts is required while working.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 education
- Courses completed in Office Administration an asset.
- Valid BC Driver’s License Required.
- Proficient in word-processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel)
- Experience in an office or clerical setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of aircraft or aerospace industry.
- Previous experience with filing systems an asset.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs
A valid BC Driver's Licence is required. The licence must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities.
An AVOP (Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit) will be required to fulfill some duties of this job. As such the applicant must be able to obtain a ROC-A (Restricted Operators Certificate) in order to be issued one by YPK. Training will be provided to the employee if needed.
Salary Information: To be determined upon review of the qualifications and experience of the chosen applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Pitt Meadows, BC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)