Since 2011, Boast has been helping innovative businesses recover their R&D costs from the government.
As entrepreneurs ourselves, we know first hand that capital is one of the key requirements for businesses to continue to innovate and grow. We automate R&D Tax claims by combining proprietary AI-driven software with our in-house team of experts – Accountants and Engineers who handle R&D claims, ensuring that all the supporting documentation is in place, and our clients’ claims are compliant and maximized.
With offices with offices in San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary, 300+ companies in the US and Canada use Boast’s services to maximize their R&D tax returns, thereby drastically reducing impact to their internal resources.
We are currently looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Calgary team.
Within this role you will be exposed to new and exciting technologies in a variety of industries; gain valuable business expertise; share and implement new ideas; and most importantly, be given the opportunity to make a direct impact.
This career opportunity is ideal for those with a technical background looking for a client-facing role. People who really enjoy this type of work are solutions-focused, love variety in their work, and appreciate the opportunity to work with and alongside a seasoned team.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and delivery of a number of concurrent projects
- Prepare technical and financial documentation and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Plan, manage and complete projects on time and within budget
- Pro-actively assist clients and maintain regular communications throughout the year
- Track project status as well as manage and escalate project issues and risks as appropriate
- Actively participate in peer review of client communication and external documentation
- Contribute to the development and sharing of project management best practices within the company
Required skills and qualifications:
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, and
- 2+ years of software development experience in progressive roles with increasing responsibility for feature ownership, product management and/or client interaction, and
- Direct project management experience, and
- Client facing/client management experience, having displayed a high level of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with external client personnel at all levels of management.
Strong applicants will also have:
- Experience translating technical information into non-technical language
- An ability to synthesize disparate sources of information into a cohesive narrative
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to capture an audience during a presentation
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
Why work with us?
- Flexibility in your work place – you have the option to work from one of our downtown offices or from home
- We are results-oriented – you can set your own schedule and work when you are most productive
- Work with innovative clients who are leading exciting new technology projects within their industries
- Open and transparent management structure – collaboration is how we make decisions happen
- We focus on being efficient and have created our own internal tools to help you do your job
Apply immediately – we are interviewing soon. Please include your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- client care/management: 1 year (Required)
- software programming: 2 years (Required)
- project coordination/management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Calgary (Preferred)