VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA /
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE – COMMUNICATIONS /
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
Reporting to the Communications Coordinator Team Lead, the Communications Coordinator will be an integral member of the Customer Experience team, responding to all incoming communication pertaining to the application process. They will leverage CRM software to follow up with all inquiries in a timely manner, and sort and delegate all emails to corresponding departments and colleagues to ensure effective application processing. They will possess expert knowledge of the functions of each Customer Experience team in order to provide the best possible experience for our external stakeholders, students, and recruiting partners.
What you'll be doing everyday: *
- Sort and delegate all emails to corresponding departments & colleagues to ensure effective application processing
- Share relevant information with staff, schools, students, and agents to ensure all parties are aware of all changes and updates so we can maintain sufficient application processes
- Follow up and review all submitted applications to ensure missing/additional documents are complete and deemed acceptable by the school
- Ensure that students have all relevant information regarding accommodations, general school inquiries, arrival procedures
- Maintain organized email folders for students and schools to ensure that relevant information is adequately labeled and easily accessible
You are/you bring:
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- 1-3 years customer service experience
- Experience with providing customer support using chat, or phone is an asset
- Proficiency in proofreading/ editing text to ensure spelling and grammatical correctness
- Strong analytical abilities, detail-oriented and high level of accuracy
- Working knowledge of Google spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Gmail
- Adept researching and problem-solving capabilities
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative, teamwork environment
- Aptitude for prioritizing tasks with an attention to detail to ensure information accuracy
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment to meet multiple deadlines and adapt to new policies and procedures
- An ability to work cross-functionally to ensure application processing consistency and efficiency
- Exceptional problem-solving skills under ambiguous circumstances to ensure we provide the best outcome for our students while maintaining integrity with our partner relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
- May require shifts outside of regular business hours
Life at ApplyBoard: *
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing* 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.*
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
About ApplyBoard: *
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte,* ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups* in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a* C$4B valuation. *This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations