About the Firm:
Powell Jones LLP has over 65 years of experience in the Barrie area. With approximately 45 staff, including 15 Chartered Professional Accountants and 3 CPA students, the 6-partner firm is continuing to grow and is looking for the right person to continue to meet our client’s needs.
CPA Student/Staff Accountant
General Job Description:
We are looking for a bright and ambitious CPA student to learn to provide services to a wide variety of owner-managed, small to mid-size businesses. The applicant must have the ability to learn quickly and perform in a team environment. Job responsibilities will include: performing audit, review and notice to reader engagements, personal and corporate tax work, bookkeeping, and more. Ideally the candidate would live in the Barrie area or be willing to relocate.
- University graduate – Bachelor’s degree.
- Enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (at time of start date).
- 1-2 years experience in a public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of Caseware and TaxPrep would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal communication and strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Candidate should be able to take direction well from others and be willing to learn in all types of areas.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent