Western Tractor Company Inc., a 4-store John Deere dealer located in Southern Alberta, is searching for full time Journeyman Service Technicians to join our growing John Deere agricultural equipment group at our Lethbridge location. Western Tractor is located at the center of an irrigated agricultural area that is known for the variety of specialty crops that it produces. John Deere is the number one brand of Agricultural, Turf and Commercial Worksite products in the area and has been represented by Western Tractor in Southern Alberta since the 1930's. Western Tractor's commitment to our basic values, customer focus and employee improvement are what has made us a dominant dealer and an "employer of choice".
Responsibilities and Duties
Western Tractor Service Technicians independently perform diagnostics, repairs and scheduled maintenance work involving all types of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, drive train and engine repairs on internal or customer owned equipment. This position requires a positive team approach, attention to detail and working safely.
Qualifications and Skills
- Journeyman Certificate - Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) or Agricultural Equipment Technician (AET) preferred
- Previous John Deere agricultural equipment experience is an asset
- Basic computer skills required
- Require a valid driver's license (supply abstract)
We offer our employees terrific opportunities to grow within our organization. Employees are our number one asset and we encourage training and personal development for everyone. Our employees receive on the job training, John Deere University courses and training in other locations across North America. We are proud of the education that we provide our staff.
Western Tractor offers competitive wages and a great benefits plan. Employees can be assured that they and their loved ones will be covered in the case of illness or accident. With this in mind we offer:
- Short term and long term disability
- Critical illness
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Life insurance and dependent life insurance
- Extended health benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Extensive safety program
- Boot and tool allowance
We thank all applicants for their interest in Western Tractor but only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we have increased sanitization and clean high touch surface areas often, implemented physical distancing, installed barriers at sale counters and provided stations including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- agricultural: 1 year (Preferred)
- John Deere: 1 year (Preferred)
- heavy equipment mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
- HET or AET Journeyman (Required)