Licensed Social Worker - Lifemark Health Group
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia
Salaried (full-time and part-time opportunities)
Are you a passionate Social Worker looking to belong to a collaborative healthcare community to implement our bold vision to optimize the benefit of integrated health services, including stepped-care mental health, to diverse audiences, including military Veterans in need of psycho-social intervention? If so, join Lifemark Health Group and grow with us, as we build and expand provincial teams in support of our national mental health strategy.
You belong here if you value practicing within an interdisciplinary team environment, based on a bio-psycho-social approach to intervention, which may include psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists, psychotherapists/counsellors, and physical rehabilitation specialists. Together, Lifemark Health Group has become Canada’s largest health care and rehabilitation companies, which is embarking on a new chapter, along with its partners, as the designated provider of medical and psycho-social rehabilitation services for military veterans across Canada.
- Provide clients, primarily military veterans, with goal-focused psychotherapy to address mental health and psychosocial problems that are barriers to better health and family/community engagement.
- Provide veteran clients with social work assessments and social work interventions in the client’s social milieu in order to improve social and community functioning.
- Utilize a primarily cognitive-behavioral approach to intervention based on an overall client-centered philosophy.
- Provide group psychoeducational services.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team conferences to discuss clients’ treatment plan and goals, progress, and any barriers to functional goals.
- Deliver quality reporting and effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Masters Degree in Social Work (or equivalent)
- Registration with a provincial College of Social Workers as an autonomous practitioner in good standing
- 2 years+ of experience (preferred) in case conceptualization and psychotherapy/social work intervention for a range of mental health symptoms and psycho-social barriers with a variety of adult clients.
- Experience providing social work services to military, first responders, and veterans an asset
- Experience working as part of a multi/interdisciplinary team.
- Experience writing clear and concise assessment, progress and discharge reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, autonomy, and integrity.
While our company is focused on helping our clients, as a group we are equally focused on the health and wellness of our staff. We live our values in everything thing [l2] we do - striving for simplicity, doing the right thing, being inclusive and welcoming, and having fun!
Full-time employees are entitled to:
Annual continuing education allowance with a wide variety of internal training opportunities
Career development pathways, including clinical leadership
Flexible benefits plan
Apply today! Please visit our website at www.lifemark.ca.