As a legal counsel based in Montreal within the Legal Affairs Department and reporting to the Vice-President, Legal Affairs, the candidate will support and advise the Corporation (in all sectors of the business) with respect to legal matters and, more specifically, engineering-construction projects. The candidate will also advise the Company on topics such as integrity, risk management, ongoing disputes and governance.
- Draft, revise and negotiate tender documents, proposals, confidentiality agreements, services agreement, joint ventures, teaming agreements, subcontracts, and other legal documents related to projects execution in the various sectors of the business in Canada (eg Infrastructures, Engineering, Design and Project Management, Nuclear, Oil and Gas and Resources).
- Provide legal advice and opinions, and contribute to the analysis of risks;
- Participate in the negotiation process, both with clients and with partners, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Interpret laws, regulations, decrees and any text or document of a legal nature, and ensure that the interests of the Corporation are adequately protected;
- Participate in the application and monitoring of the Company's policies, procedures and rules;
- Work closely with internal clients and management to optimize projects and minimize risks to the Company.
- Member of the Quebec Bar for 3 to 5 years;
- Relevant experience in construction/engineering law and commercial law;
- Business experience an asset;
- Litigation experience an asset;
- Interest in ethics, compliance and corporate governance;
- Bilingualism (English / French);
- Proven ability to work in a team, in a multidisciplinary work environment, and build strong relationships with internal clients
- Business savvy;
- Methodical, detail-oriented, flexible, dynamic and good communicator;