The Adventurer Group is Canada’s largest vertically integrated RV Company. Our full-service dealerships span from coast to coast, helping our customers feel at home wherever they are on their Canadian adventure.
We are seeking for a highly motivated, high energy General Sales Manager to join our Sales Team at our Dealership in Edmonton, AB.
Reporting to Regional General Manager, the ideal candidate will be accountable for thinking ‘outside the box’ when it comes to creating an innovative and self-motivated culture for the Sales Team, and ultimately be the driving force of success for the Edmonton Sales Team!
Ultimately, the ideal candidate should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the Sales Team and the organization. Reaching budget will be second nature for you, as well as coaching and mentoring your team. This role will involve being a large part of building the overall strategy for the dealership.
- Customer Service
- Responsible for online customer experience for the Edmonton Dealership
- Manage all sales related customer reviews for Edmonton
- Ensure that sales materials and events are effective, complete, and timely.
- Maintain professional and productive relationships with major accounts.
- Assist in the annual budget planning process.
- Analyze and appraise the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results; approves display content and costs for showings requested by sales managers.
- Prepare sales reports – submits sales reports to keep administration informed as to current status of sales and activities in the location
- Departmental performance meets or exceeds company standards.
- Participate in Manager Meetings in the development of department goals and objectives; recommends, implements, and administers policies and procedures to enhance operations.
- Review ongoing performance results and identifies needs of employees.
- Sales Management
- Maintain and Update SOP’s and training for Sales Department
- Work with team in areas of weakness
- Manage sales efforts, negotiation and sales functions, and monitoring of contracts.
- Prepares for and attends exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
- Complete the hiring, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution for sales team.
- Respond to inquiries and investigates and resolves problems related to transactions handled by the team; serves as liaison with other departments or units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
- Implement coaching or mentoring partnerships as appropriate.
- Maintain high morale and productivity.
- Communicate clearly and directly with Sales Staff concerning performance expectations, productivity, and accountability.
- Develop employees for future advancement when possible.
- Alignment and fit with company’s guiding principles, culture, values, vision and mission
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 Years or more experience with an established track record in sales.
- Successfully managed a large sales force, preferably in the RV industry.
- Demonstrated business skills related to training, hiring, writing, presentation and selling products/services to clients.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and listening skills.
- Skilled in working successfully with a diverse team of people.
- Capable of establishing and meeting goals and objectives for the sales force and distributors.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare succinct reports.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required
- Capable of reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Aptitude to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
In addition to becoming part of an exceptional team, we also offer:
- Industry leading wages
- 100% company paid Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Benefits
- Access to our company matching RRSP plan
- RV Rental Discounts for staff
- Employee Bursary Program
- Company Matching World Vision Child sponsorship program.
Are you a proven leader and a take-charge individual who will drive business and lead the Edmonton Sales Team?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have exciting career opportunities?
Do you have a passion for the RV Industry?
Are you an enthusiastic individual who wants to work for a mission driven company?
...then our Company is the right fit for you and we want to hear from you!
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 5 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)