Detailz Couture is a fast-growing furniture rental company of high-quality, performance, and design products. We strive to meet and exceed our customers needs and expectations. We are a people driven company where open communication, teamwork, collaboration, and having fun is part of our daily culture. We are a family-owned business with a modern, flat organizational structure offering solid opportunities for career advancement.
We're looking for a Warehouse Assistant and Delivery Driver/Event set up co-worker that will be involved in the overall daily warehouse operations, ensuring inventory is processed, picked, received, organized, and stored and orders are packaged and prepared for delivery and setup. The delivery driver will also be responsible to ensure set up and take down of furniture from events with his crew.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Check and inspect rental furniture received or shipped against packing slips, ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, and that the quality of goods received or shipped is acceptable.
· Thoroughly inspect the condition of rental furniture received or shipped, clearly noting any damage, shortage or overage following established procedures.
· Prepare and pack outgoing products of rental goods for shipment using most efficient packing materials to ensure damage-free delivery and adhere to all guidelines and limitations.
· Select and prepare rental furniture for shipment and set up for respective clients and venues.
· Be responsible for keeping a clean and safe working environment and optimizing space utilization.
· Ensure workspace is free of debris and remove safety hazards from aisles.
· Move inventory and materials across facilities, sort, organize and store stock safely in the designated location.
· Ensure all furniture locations in warehouse are labeled and identified correctly.
· Perform inventory cycle counts as required.
· Load and unload trucks, vans and other vehicles.
· Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
· "G" License and Clean Drivers Abstract Required
· High school diploma or equivalent with minimum 6 months experience in a warehouse environment.
· Good numeracy and literacy skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills, able to enter data into the company system.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment independently as well as part of a team.
· Willing to work overtime at short notice.
· Ability to lift heavy objects, bend, stand for long period, and walk for long periods.
Why You'll Love Working Here:
· Our office is located in Toronto and close to transit
· Flexible working hours
· Friendly and people-centric work environment
· A culture of teamwork and collaboration that encourages initiative
Detailz Couture Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please indicate so by notifying Human Resources.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
· Overnight Premium
· Overtime Pay
· Casual dress
· Dental care
· Extended health care
· On-site parking
· Paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
We have taken every reasonable precaution to protect the health & safety of our employees during the current COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to ensure proper precautions are taken while on all client sites
- Please provide days and times you are available to work? We operate 7days a week 24 hours a day.
- Some of the basic job requirements include; Lifting, bending, walking for long periods, standing, cleaning, travelling, communication with Clients, multi-tasking, loading & unloading trucks, and Picking and preparing orders. Are you okay with fulfilling these task and if not please explain?
- What is your Salary expectation?
- driving a 26 foot truck or larger: 1 year (required)