Capital Vision Care has an opening for an Optometric Assistant at our Meadowlark Health Center location. We are looking for an individual with a passion for eyewear, seeking a career to join our growing company.
Experience in the optical or eye care industry is not required but would be an asset. Training will be provided to the successful candidate to ensure a smooth and successful start with our organization. The ideal candidate would have the flexibility to travel between all locations on rare occasion. Capital Vision Care is locally owned and we are committed to serving and strengthening the communities we work and live in. Capital Vision Care offers benefits, incentives, and opportunities for growth within our organization. Visit our website www.cvcyeg.com for more information.
- This person will be responsible for coordinating appointments, greeting patients, running preliminary tests, auxiliary testing and assisting the doctor with various day to day clinic functions.
- Provide superior customer service and patient care;
- Use appointment and patient file software, patient charts and other available tools to make accurate notes regarding patient’s eye health;
- Be responsible for the quality and accuracy of all testing and charting completed;
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly verbal, with excellent “bedside manner”, professionalism, and active listening also an asset;
- An ability to adapt and respond to different patient personalities;
- Experience preferred in using diagnostic tools and tests, including topography, Optos Retinal imaging, Optical Coherence Tomography, etc.;
- Patience, approachability and a calm demeanor;
- Ability to manage patient expectations and concerns;
- Outgoing personality;
- Organized and attention-to-detail;
- Adapt to a fast-paced and often-changing environment; Team-oriented and must demonstrate a willingness to learn as well as coach others;
- Efficient time management skills with sense of initiative;
- Familiarity with computers and an ability to adapt to and learn new technology and software; entry-level experience with G suite & MS Office.
- Comfortable working in close contact with patients.
Please forward us your resume or drop by in person if you are interested in joining our team! Our store is located at 144 Meadowlark Health Center. Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person