Big Bad Boo Studios Inc. is seeking an experienced Production Accountant to join our team in our very busy downtown studio.
- Assist the Producers in preparing production budgets.
- Assist Producer in gathering and creating documentation for new productions during the application process with funders/investors.
- Assist CFO and VP Finance with CAVCO Part A/B, CRTC, and Creative BC accreditation.
- Assist in the preparation of contractor agreements, ensuring all required information is accurate and up to date.
- Process all incoming invoices and reconcile expenditures per episode within individual productions. Identify and track any missing per episode costs and prepare estimates for cost accruals.
- Prepare funder/investor invoices for review based on production milestones achieved in accordance with the production schedule.
- Follow up funders/investors regarding receivables, alerting management of any issues or expected delays.
- Maintain income/deliverables master document for all productions.
- Update monthly, or more frequently if needed, qualified labour costs for use in tax credit loan drawdowns.
- Gathering, coding, entering and reconciling all credit card charges against monthly statements.
- Prepare and maintain budget vs. actual cost reports per production, analyze expenditures; prepare weekly production cost reports and revise cash flow projections, as required, highlighting variances from budget.
- Initiate a post mortem review of project financial performance to highlight successes and weaknesses for improvements.
- Generate analysis reports of actual/recent historical project performance against other productions to assist the Producers in preparing future budgets.
- Create and maintain exploitation and sales reports for funders/investors based on recoupment schedules per production
- Assist CFO and VP Finance with final cost report preparation and audit documentation requests.
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in the accounting department of a film or television company in Canada (preferably animation)
- Must have experience in production budgeting and reporting.
- Experience in dealing with production guidelines and requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Patience and ability to work with people from different disciplines and cultures with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within a team environment
- Must exhibit discretion in keeping company information confidential.
- Experience working in a Mac environment
- Strong Skills in:
- Excel & Word
- Quickbooks (online)
- Google Suite
- Ideal candidate would have experience working with Canadian broadcasters and funders, including CMF, CAVCO, CRTC, and the Shaw Rocket Fund (and familiar with their platforms and reporting requirements).
Position open to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada
Available to start immediately. Serious inquiries only.
Big Bad Boo Studios Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, Canada, is dedicated to producing and distributing high-quality, inclusive, educational, and entertaining children’s content.
Language of work: English, multilingual a plus
Application deadline: 2021-09-24
Expected start date: 2021-09-20
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $78,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Accounting: 3 years (required)