Position: Project Manager -Building
Job Number: 1019703
Location: Calgary, AB
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Market Salary, 50% Rent Discount + Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental, Health and Vision Care)
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 12,000 residential apartments in five major cities across Canada. Visit our website for more information (www.mainst.biz).
Reporting to the COO, the Project Manager is responsible for Capital projects or any projects assigned by Management.
Responsibilities of the position involves:
- Conduct multi-family building inspection and provide structural report and/or building condition assessment background
- Stamp on structural drawing for small construction projects including but not limited to balcony design, building fire wall, parkade repair and siding details
- Apply for building permit (must have enough knowledge of Alberta Building Code/National Building Code Canada Chapter 4 and Chapter 9 with full understanding of city bylaws in Edmonton/Calgary and preferably in Saskatoon
- Provide schedule A, B, C as needed
- Proven experience in managing building projects ranging from $1000 to $2M
- Familiar with building science and building restoration process
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft project is required
- Drafting 2D floor plan using AutoCAD
- Experience in budget/estimating/contract preparing/procurement/construction managing/risk analysis/monitoring control/close off construction project.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in civil/structural/building profile Engineer or degree in architecture
- Professional Engineer Designation or professional architect
- CAPM or PMP preferred
- At least 2 years project management experience
- Proficiency in the use of auto cad
- Must possess a motor car
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Job No. 1019703" in the subject line to our email address. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305 - 10 Ave SE
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent