Embers Rotisserie and Grill
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items to order in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow instructions from the Kitchen Manager
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with sanitation regulations and food safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Job Type / Category
- Full time position up to 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Proven cooking experience such as restaurant cook or prep cook an asset.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma an asset
- Must be physically fit and be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
MUST BE LEGALLY PERMITTED TO LIVE AND WORK IN CANADA.
- Busy family restaurant
- Open all year round
Job Type: Full-time
- Line Cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)